Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Two Old Bats August Halloween Challenge


Hello Halloween Lovers,


Welcome to the August Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!  We are a Year Round Halloween Challenge blog and each month we have a fun Inspiration Board to help you get your creative ideas spinning!


Here is my card for this August TOB Challenge:


Taylored Expressions Curly Swirlies dies
Scrap Man Maple Branch 2
Plaid paper
White card stock
Green paper
Black paper
Assorted shades of Orange paper
Happy Halloween stamp
Black ink

For this 5" by 7" card I started with White card stock to make the base of the card.  I took the Plaid paper and added that to the base of the card.  I took the Papertrey Ink Shape Up Pumpkin die and different Orange paper and cut out the Pumpkin.  I pieced it together and added it to the card.  I took Green paper and the Taylored Expressions Curly Swirlies dies and cut out the tendrils and added them to the pumpkin.  I took a piece of distress oxide paper I had previously made and the Scrap Man Maple Branch 2 die and cut that out and added that to the card.  I took some Black paper and the Tutti Designs Cat and Butterfly die and cut out the cat and added it to the card.  I took the Happy Halloween stamp and some Black ink and stamped it onto the card.  I was inspired by the photo of the black cat sitting on the pumpkin on the Inspriation Board below!!  I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

 Inspiration Board



Remember, you can create ANYTHING Halloween you would like and our mood boards are here for your inspiration.  You do not have to follow it as the theme, but you certainly can if you would like!!  Don't forget to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween August Challenge to see all the Spooky cards the Design Team has created!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lori, this is fabulous,a great combo of the dies and what a great pumpkin it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, Lori! Your little black cat grabbing at the pumpkin foliage is like the one I have practically sitting on my hand as I write these comments! I finally had to put her down to get her out of the way - yeah, like that's going to last very long! Anyway, I love this card and the clever way you combined the die cuts.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!