Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Dies R Us Challenge #170 ~ Anything Goes using any brand of die that DRU sells

  Hello Blogging Friends!!


Happy June 1st!  Can you believe it?  It just doesn't feel like it should be June already.  Well that means that there is a new Challenge over on the Dies R Us Challenge Blog ~ Challenge #170 ~ Anything goes using any brand of die that DRU sells.


Here is my card for DRU Challenge #170:



Ingredients:

Watercolor paper
Neenah Desert Storm paper
White paper
Assorted scraps for the fish
Happy Father's Day stamp
Versamark
Black embossing powder
Copic markers

For this A2 Card I started by making the base of the card with a piece of Neenah Desert Storm paper.  I took a piece of White paper and the Memory Box End of My Rope die and cut out the Rope Frame.  I took some Antique Linen distress ink and rubbed that onto the Rope and then added it to the card base.  I took some Watercolor paper some Salvaged Patina distress oxide, Mermaid Lagoon distress oxide and Salty Ocean distress oxide and rubbed them onto my Gel pad, spritzed it with water and then pressed the 
Watercolor paper onto the Gel pad.  I then used my heat tool to dry it completely and then I cut it out with the Memory Box End of My Rope die and added that to the card base inside the Rope Frame.  I took a piece of White paper and the Memory Box Sea Creatures dies and cut out the Stingrays and colored them with Copic markers and added them to the card.  I took the Impression Obsession Fish set and some leftover scrap paper and cut out the fish and added them to the card.  I took the Happy Father's Day stamp and some Versamark and stamped the sentiment onto the card.  I heat embossed it with Black embossing powder.  

Don't forget to check our Sister Store in Canada with warehouses in USA & Canada called Didi Crafts.




I hope you will come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


Click below for:

Store

Challenge Blog

Facebook

Inspiration Blog 

Friends of Dies R Us Pinterest Page




I am entering this card into the Memory Box Challenge #73 ~ Feeling Blue


Thanks for stopping by!


Lori

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your Father's Day card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Father's Day card, I love your under the water scenes, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute AND fun water scene, bring on June AND warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Father’s Day card! Awesome background! Beautiful colored fish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card for Father's Day. I love how the water background came out. Those brightly colored fish pop right out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Your underwater scene is fabulous and GREAT job on that background! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Father's Day card. Love the background water you've created for this underwater scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design. I just finished a card that is very similar to this for the next challenge. I promise I did not see yours first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I really like that rope die! This is a great underwater card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect card to kick off June month. I can't wait to head off to the beach somewhere. Love it Lori.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!