Saturday, August 3, 2019

Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #103

Hello Blogging Friends!!


Today I am sharing this fun beach card with that I made for the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #103!


Here is my card:




Ingredients:

Neenah Solar White paper
Neenah Desert Storm paper
Salty Ocean Distress Oxide
Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide 
Black ink
White ink
Copic markers

For this A2 card I started with Neenah Solar White paper  and I took some black ink and stamped Newton standing with his surfboard from the Newton's Perfect Wave stamp set.  I colored the image in with Copic markers and then I took some Salty Ocean and Frayed Burlap distress ink and rubbed that on the paper and then spritzed it with some water.  I used my deckle ruler to rip the edges.  I took several shades of brown markers and put some dots on the bottom to make it look like the beach.  I took a stiff paint brush and some white ink to make foam on the beach and in the water.  I attached that to the card base made from Neenah Desert Storm paper.  I took more of the black ink and stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto the card.


Now hop on over to the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #103 to see all the lovely cards made for this challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!!


Lori

8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Lori!! The image is so sweet!! I love the background you've created!! It looks fabulous!! The sentiment is perfect!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO cute and fun! Love the NN image of course but your card just makes it outstanding. Fabulous!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! The riped edges are a nice touch. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paws Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surfin’ Kitty! He’s darling and so athletic, Lori! Beautifully designed with those awesome surfin’ colors and fantastically textured sand! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great summer scene! The distressed edges of the card as well as your striped gray kitty look wonderful! So glad you joined Inky Paws Challenge with this fabulous summer project! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beach scene is so cute, Lori! Love that darling little surfer and your ocean/sky is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute beach scene and I love Newton the surfer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori this is stunning. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!