Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Scrapy Land Challenge #118


Hello Blogging Friends,


Today is the start of a new challenge on the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog ~ 


Scrapy Land Challenge #118


Our theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  We have two winners for every challenge.  One winner is a random pick and the other winner is picked by the Design Team.  Both winners will each receive a $10 gift certificate to go shopping at the Scrapy Land Store.



Here is my card:



Ingredients:


Die-Versions Seashell Tag die (no longer available)
Neenah Desert Storm paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Frayed Burlap distress oxide
Tumbled Glass distress oxide
Evergreen Bough distress oxide
Salty Ocean distress oxide
Copic markers

For this A2 card I started by making the base of the card with a piece of Neenah Desert Storm Paper.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper and the Frayed Burlap, Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough, and Salty Ocean distress oxide and applied them to the paper with my blending tool.  I spritzed some water onto the paper and then dried it with my heat gun, inked the edges with brown ink and attached that to the card base. I took some more Neenah Solar White paper and the Impression Obsession Sea Birds dies and the Heron & Lake die and cut them out.  I colored them in with copic markers and then added them to the card.  I took the Impression Obsession Fence die and some tan paper and cut out the fence, I cut it apart and inked it with brown ink and added that to the card.  I took some Green paper and the Impression Obsession Small Grass die and cut that out and added it to the card.  I took some White paper and the Memory Box Swirl Switch Clouds die and cut out the clouds and added one to the card. I took some leftover White paper and the Die Versions Whispers Beach Scene die and cut out the Pail and Crab, colored them with Copic markers and added them to the card. I took some more White paper and the Die-Versions Seashell Tag die and cut out the seashells on the bottom of the tag, colored the seashell with Copic makers and then added that to the card.


Be sure to hop on over to the Scrapy Land Challenge #118 and see what the Design Team have made to inspire you.



Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge.  You have until  August 4th to join in on the Scrapy Land Challenge fun and have a chance of winning one of two $10 gift certificates to Scrapy Land.






Thanks for stopping by!!



Lori




8 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy to look at, Lori!! It's my happy place!! I love all of the dies you used and the background!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. I love the scene you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lori! Amazing beachy wetlands scene. Your inked shading is beautifully done. That’s one of many skills I want to work on and become more proficient at. You always seem to do that to perfection! It’s a fantastic card! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is beautiful! What a fantastic beach scene. Your inking is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful beach scene you've created! Great card Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Lori, super fun beach scene, looks like a wonderful place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is absolutely amazing! Love it! Huggies

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!