Friday, November 23, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #213 ~ Shades of Gold



Hello Blogging Friends!!


Today is the start of a new Friday Challenge on CAS-ual Fridays Blog:


CFC#213 ~ Shades of Gold


Here is the Inspiration Sketch:




Here is my card:



Ingredients:

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Sugar Plum Fairy stamp set
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Sleigh Fri-Die
Kraft card stock
Gold paper
Gold sparkle paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Versamark
Gold embossing powder
Gold ink

For this 6 inch by 6 inch card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I took the Gold patterned paper, inked the edges with gold ink and added that to the card.  I took some Neenah Solar White paper and the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Sugar Plum Fairy stamp set, some Versamark and stamped the Snowflake Christmas Tree onto the paper and then heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder.  I used my distress ruler to distress the edges and then inked the edges with gold ink.  I took some Gold shimmer paper and some gold glitter paper and the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Sleigh Fri-Die and cut out the sleigh.  I put attached the Snowflake Tree and the sleigh to the card.  I took some more of the Neenah Solar White paper, Versamark and the sentiment from the Sugar Plum Fairy stamp set and stamped that onto the paper.  I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder, inked the edges with gold ink and added the sentiment to the top of the card.  I took some of the snowflake stamps and gold ink and stamped them onto the background.

Hop on over to the CFC #213 on the CAS-ual Fridays Blog to see what the Design Team have created for this fun challenge!!



What are you playing for??  10 winning entries will be highlighted on this blog each Thursday before a new challenge is set to go live the next day.  In addition, Michele has generously offered up a $25 gift certificate to the overall winner at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  And if that weren't enough, if the chosen winner has used CAS-ual Fridays stamps and/or dies as the main focus on the card, that gift certificate will increase to $50!!  So get busy and create something for this challenge!!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lori!! I love the gold sled!! It looks so gorgeous!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, Lori, what gorgeous layers of gold! Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!