Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter is for the Birds!

Hello Blogging Buddies,

I have a new card to share with you this morning!


Ingredients:

Darice snowflakes embossing folder
Cracked Pistachio distress ink
Core'dinations paper
Neenah paper
Copic markers
Bakers Twine
Snowflake Charm

When I started out to make this card I was going for a CAS look, but somewhere along the way I got distracted and this what I came up with! 

I started by stamping the birds from the Sweet & Sassy For the Birds stamps with black ink onto Neenah paper and colored them with Copic markers.  I die cut them with the Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats Rectangle dies and then inked the edges with Cracked Pistachio distress ink,  Next I stamped the sentiment with black ink onto Neenah paper and die cut it with the Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels die and inked the edges with Cracked Pistachio ink and placed that on the Core'dinations paper and then die cut that with the next size up die from the Fancy Label dies and then inked the edges with the same ink.  I used kraft card stock for the base of my A2 card.  I took more of the Core'dinations paper and ran it thru my Vagabond with the Darice Snowflake embossing folder and then added that to the base of the card.  Next I positioned my birds and the sentiment onto the card.  I took some bakers twine and wrapped that around the top of the card a couple of times and then tied the snowflake charm onto the twine.  I really love these little birds!  I think they are just too cute all dressed up for winter!!

I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!  Let me know if you think this looks like a CAS simple card or not.  I am a bit confused as to what constitutes CAS!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori


4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Lori!! I love the birdies!! You colored them beautifully!! The sentiment is perfect!! The snowflake embossing is fabulous!! I'm not one to ask about CAS...I can't seem to stop adding layers and embellishments to cards!! So I don't really know what constitutes it, either!! CAS or not, this is gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute, Lori! Lovely colors and such sweetness! I'm CAS challenged, too! It's a wonderful card, Lori. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp and card! Love the twine! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the twine and that snowflake is the perfect icing on the cake!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!