Thursday, November 2, 2023

Two Old Bats November Halloween Challenge

 


Hello Ghoulies,


Happy November!  Well Halloween just past but I am still in the mood to make Spooky cards, how about you?  IF you are than the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge is for you too!  We are a year round Halloween Challenge because we are a little "Batty" and love making Halloween cards!  We have a fun Inspiration Board, it is pictured below my description of how I made my card.  We are looking forward to seeing what you make!


Here is my card for the TOB November Challenge:



Ingredients:

Cottage Cutz Hollow Tree w/ Forest Friends dies (no longer available)
Sizzix Moon die
Faded Jean distress oxide
Dusty Concord distress oxide
Wilted Violet distress oxide
White paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Brown paper
Yellow paper
Green paper
Gray paper
White card stock


For this A2 card I started by making the base of the card with White card stock.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper and added the the distress oxides and spritz the paper with water and let it dry.  I took some Brown paper and the Cottage Cutz Hollow tree die and cut out the tree.  I took the Owl die from that same die set and some Gray paper and cut out the Owl and put him inside the tree and added that to the card base.  I took some Green paper and the leaves and grass dies and cut out the leaves and grass and added them to the card.  I took the Memory Box Whimsy Mummy die and some White paper and cut out the Mummy and added him to the card.  I took a pumpkin I had leftover from a different project and added that to the card.  I took the Sizzix Tim Holta Ghost die and some White paper and cut out the Ghost and placed him inside the top of the tree.  I took some Yellow paper and the Moon die and cut that out and added that to the card.  I was inspired to make this card from the Inspiration Board below's picture of the owls in the tree!

Inspiration Board


Remember, you can create ANYTHING Halloween you would like and our mood boards are here for your inspiration.  You do not have to follow it as the theme, but you certainly can if you would like!!  Don't forget to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween November Challenge to see all the Spooky cards the Design Team has created!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Fun card design; love the spritzed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, that's quite a cast of spooky characters there! Your spritzy background is perfect for an All Hallows' Eve card!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!