Sunday, October 2, 2022

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for October

  Hello My Halloween Loving Friends!!


Well it is October and it is time for everyone to get out their Halloween stamps and dies and make Halloween cards!  And that brings us to the Halloween Challenge that starts today over on the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for October today!  I hope you will join us for some spooky fun!!


Here is my card for the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for October:



Ingredients:

Craftin Desert Divas Ghostly Greetings ~ no longer in business
Black paper
Black ink
White paper

For this A2 card I started by taking some Black paper and creating the base of the card.  I took a piece of Distress White Heavy card stock and spritzed it with water to make the embossing folder do a better job.  I put the wet paper into the Tim Hold Skulls 3D Texture Fades embossing folder and ran it through my Vagabond and then I let it dry.  Once it was dry I took the 3 different Tim Holtz Halloween Mica Stains and sprayed them onto to the paper until I got the color that I wanted and I let it dry.  Once it was dry I added it to the Black card base.  I took a piece of White paper, Black ink and the Sentiment stamp and stamped that onto to the paper.  I tore the edges with a Deckle ruler and inked the edges with Black ink and added it to the card.

Here is the Inspiration Board in case you need some help with your mojo:

Inspiration Board



Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!  I can't wait to see what you create!!


Remember, you can create ANYTHING Halloween you would like and our mood boards are here for your inspiration.  You do not have to follow it as the theme but certainly can if you would like!!  Don't forget to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween October Challenge to see all the Spooky cards the Design Team has created!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

4 comments:

  1. Very spooky and fun card, I have this EB folder on my want list so it sure is fun to see how you have used it, those sprays did an awesome job of creating shine and color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what an awesome embossing folder and I love how you've tucked in the sentiment. Fabulous inspiration my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I have quite a few Tim Holtz images and dies (which I love) but have never seen this embossing folder - it's appropriately ghoulish for my tastes! I haven't tried the mica stains, but you've inspired me. What a great Halloween card!
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooktacular card! Love the texture and shimmer of the skulls!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!