Friday, October 16, 2020

Hope

 Hello Blogging Friends!!


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I take breast cancer awareness very seriously!   My sister-in-law had breast cancer and my best friend did too!  Thankfully they are both still here!  Early detection of Breast Cancer is the key and it is advised to do a self exam-check every month!  


You can check out this link for more information on self exams or just more information about Breast Cancer in general here.


Here is my card:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Neenah Solar White paper
VersaMark
Tattered Rose distress ink
Patterned Vellum paper
Dark Pink paper

For this A2 card I started by making the base of the card with White card stock.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, VersaMark and the Casual Fridays Full On Floral stamp and stamped that onto the paper.  I heat embossed it with Ink on 3 Strawberry Champagne embossing powder and then I cut it out with the Casual Fridays Bubble Box Label die.  I inked the edges with Tattered Rose embossing powder and then added that to the card.  I took a piece of Patterned Vellum paper and cut it out with the Casual Fridays Ruffled Ribbon die and added that to the card.  I took a piece of Darker Pink paper and the Casual Fridays Big Hope word die and cut that out and added that to the center of the card.  I took the Tattered Rose distress ink and inked around the edges of the card.

I am entering this card into the Time Out Challenge #172 ~ Breast Cancer Awareness.




Be sure to hop over to the Time Out Challenge and see all the wonderful cards made for Breast Cancer Awareness.


I am also entering this card into the Jingle Belles I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas Challenge.  



Be sure to stop by their blog to see all the awesome cards created for this challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful card and this is so fitting for me as I just underwent a mastectomy a week ago..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you take this so seriously and am pleased your friend and sister in law are good. I lost my very dearest friend through secondary Breast cancer that had gone to every organ-I miss her so very much each day. Anyway, lets go back to this stunning card. I love that bold gold background and the way you used the ribbon die is perfect. So pleased you joined us for this challenge at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, this cause is dear to me, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used vellum for your die cut vellum so that the pretty metallic stamped pattern can show through. Thanks so much for joining us for this special TIME OUT challenge that is also so close to your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card and I love that beautifully intricate die as well! Thanks for helping us celebrate "Pink Christmas" at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely ribbon card ... thanks so much for joining our ♥ Pink Christmas for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!