Thursday, August 29, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #8




Hello Lavinia World Fans!!


Today is the start of a new challenge on the Lavinia World Challenge Blog:


Lavinia World Challenge #8



Here are the details for the Lavinia World Challenges ~  We are a brand new challenge featuring Lavinia Stamps and Papers.  We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps (either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps).  You can read the rules here.



Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not a part of any other entity or Facebook Group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenge will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that gift certificates are ONLY valid at Lavinia World website:  Here



We prefer that your submission use Lavinia Stamps, but they are not required.  However, if you do use Lavinia stamps in your project, your chance of winning are doubled for each entry!  Your name/project will be entered into the calculation for the Designer's Choice Winner twice.  (For example, if three designers choose your project as their favorite, then that project will have a total of six votes!)



The winner of the challenge will be able to proudly display this badge on their blog and will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World to shop for more goodies.  Lavinia World offers the complete range of Lavinia stamps and papers, which are from the UK.  The store is located in the US and ships worldwide.


Now here is my card for Lavinia World Challenge #8:



Ingredients:

Kraft paper 
Black Cor 
Watercolor paper
Tan patterned paper
Black ink
Fired Brick distress oxide
Peeled Paint distress oxide
Twisted Citron distress oxide
Bundled Sage distress oxide
Frayed Burlap distress oxide
Vintage Photo distress ink

For this 6 inch by 6 inch card I started by taking a piece of watercolor paper, bubble wrap and Fired Brick distress ink.  I spread some of the Fired Brick onto the watercolor paper and then sprtized with water.  When it was dry I took my blending brushes and put some Peeled Paint distress oxide.  I took another blending brush and added Twisted Citron and Bundled Sage distress ink and then spritzed it with water and let it dry.  I took some black ink and I stamped the Secret Garden, Weeping Willow Tree and Creeping Vine stamps onto the paper.  I took the Frayed Burlap and a blending brush and add that to the bottom of the paper and spritzed it with water and let it dry.  When it was all dry I glued it onto some black paper.

Now hop on over to the Lavinia World Challenge Blog to see what the wonderful Design Team have created for this challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!!








10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. I love it. That stamp is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Lori!! I love the secret garden scene you've created!! The colors are beautiful!! More stamps I need!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what the entry to your garden resembles, right, Lori? It's how I imagine it. Your colors are lovely, and the invitation to see the loveliness beyond the gate-door is oh-so-inviting. The combination of these two images is delightful! I gotta have these! huggers, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting with a Kraft paper base makes for such a neat effect on this card. It's very dreamy, and I love it. I want to walk through that garden door to see where it leads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, your card is stunning! Love the images on this as well as your gorgeous mix of colors!! Really beautiful design! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lori. It reminds me of the book Secret Garden...just like the name of the stamp. SO lovely and magical looking.
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card with your garden scene. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great scene! I love the colors on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a magnificent combination of images, Lori! The soft color palette makes it so inviting. I want to walk right through that garden gate, settle myself onto a bench, and watch the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card. Love the background and that door stamp is just adorable :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!