Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #7




Hello Lavinia World Fans!!


Today is the start of a new challenge on the Lavinia World Challenge Blog:


Lavinia World Challenge #7


Here are the details for the Lavinia World Challenges ~  We are a brand new challenge featuring Lavinia Stamps and Papers.  We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps (either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps).  You can read the rules here.


Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not a part of any other entity or Facebook Group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenge will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that gift certificates are ONLY valid at Lavinia World website:  Here


We prefer that your submission use Lavinia Stamps, but they are not required.  However, if you do use Lavinia stamps in your project, your chance of winning are doubled for each entry!  Your name/project will be entered into the calculation for the Designer's Choice Winner twice.  (For example, if three designers choose your project as their favorite, then that project will have a total of six votes!)



The winner of the challenge will be able to proudly display this badge on their blog and will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World to shop for more goodies.  Lavinia World offers the complete range of Lavinia stamps and papers, which are from the UK.  The store is located in the US and ships worldwide.


Now here is my card for Lavinia World Challenge #7:




Ingredients:

Neenah Desert Storm paper
Sap Green Color Burst
Naples Yellow Color Burst
Frayed Burlap distress oxide
Seedless Preserves distress oxide
Black Soot distress oxide
Black ink
Watercolor paper


For this A2 card I made the base of the card with Neenah Desert Storm paper.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and wet it down, I sprinkled some Naples Yellow and Sap Green Color Burst onto the paper and then spritzed it with water and I used my heat gun to dry it.  I kept adding a little bit more of the Color Burts, spritzing it with water and then drying it with my heat gun until I like the background.  I took the Tree Root stamp and some black ink and stamped the Tree Root on the left side of the paper, I moved the Tree Root stamp just a little bit and inked it up again with the black ink and stamped it over the first stamp to give the tree a bit of a spooky look.  I took the Embrace Your Dreams stamp and the same black ink and stamped the sentiment in the middle of the paper.  I took the Fairy Foragers stamps and stamped two of the fairies around the sentiment.  I then took some Seedless Preserves distress oxide and my blending brush and added the ink around the top of the card.  I took the Frayed Burlap distress oxide and the blending brush and added it to the bottom of the card.  I took the Black Soot distress oxide and a blending brush and added the the ink around the edges and then I spritzed it with some water and used my heat gun to dry it and then attached that to the card base 


Now hop on over to the Lavinia World Challenge Blog to see what the wonderful Design Team have created for this challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!!





10 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your card is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Lori!! I love the design of this!! It's so beautiful!! The colors are fabulous, too!! I need that tree root stamp now!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Lori! I love your background and your design is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made another gorgeous card with the Lavinia World Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I have trouble stamping a clear image on watercolor paper, but your images are so crisp. What is your secret? This is beautiful, with your color burst background. I love the artistry of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic use of inner forest shading and happenings, Lori! I DO believe in fairies and their goodness and mischievousness after seeing this beauty! Love the sentiment framed with color! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori- love love the tree trunk- adding to my wish list now! The color burst are fantastic! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Lori, and I simply adore the sentiment! Wonderful colors in the background. The green makes me believe the fairies are in a forest glen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, loooveee, looooveeee it! Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!