Thursday, July 4, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #4



Hello Lavinia World Fans!!


Today is the start of a new challenge on the Lavinia World Challenge Blog:


Lavinia World Challenge #4


Here are the details for the Lavinia World Challenges ~  We are a brand new challenge featuring Lavinia Stamps and Papers.  We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps (either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps).  You can read the rules here.


Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not a part of any other entity or Facebook Group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenge will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that gift certificates are ONLY valid at Lavinia World website:  https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/


We prefer that you submission use Lavinia Stamps, but they are not required.  However, if you do use Lavinia stamps in your project, your chance of winning are doubled for each entry!  your name/project will be entered into the calculation for the Designer's Choice Winner twice.  (For example, if three designers choose your project as their favorite, then that project will have a total of six votes!)



The winner of the challenge will be able to proudly display this badge on their blog and will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World to shop for more goodies.  Lavinia World offers the complete range of Lavinia stamps and papers, which are from the UK.  The store is located in the US and ships worldwide.


Now here is my card for Lavinia World Challenge #4:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Watercolor paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Black ink
Copic markers
Milled Lavender distress ink
Versamark
Clear embossing powder
Peony Color Burst
Prussian Blue Color Burst 
Wisteria Color Burst

For this A2 card I started with White card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of Watercolor paper, Versamark and the Lavinia Stamps Background Script and stamped that onto the paper.  I heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder and then I spritzed it with some water.  I took the Peony, Prussian Blue and Wisteria Color Bursts and sprinkled them onto the paper and then dabbed the paper with a paper towel.  I spritzed the paper with more water and dabbed it some more. Once the paper was dry I took my deckle edge ruler and tore along the edges of the paper and attached that to the card base.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, black ink and the Lavinia Hobbit Home Large stamp and stamped that onto the paper.  I colored in the image with Copic markers and then I ripped around the edge of the image.  I took some Milled Lavender distress ink and rubbed that onto the paper around the Hobbit Home and then I added that to the card.

Now hop on over to the Lavinia World Challenge Blog to see what the wonderful Design Team have created for this challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!!





10 comments:

  1. This is so stunning, Lori!! The background looks amazing!! I thought the torn edges were the white paper like a frame until I read how you created it!! The hobbit home looks amazing and you've showcased it so beautifully!! Happy 4th!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th to you, Lori! What a masterpiece of glorious colors! The background stamp has been on my wish list, and now I can see even more ways of using it! Truly lovely! I love the feel that these elements were torn out of a story book, to make your card even more magical! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. You accomplished great things with those Color Bursts. I love this. The fairy door makes me want to walk right into your scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is wonderful, love that door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the torn opening on this- kind of tucked away in the forest. Gorgeous. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Lori. Love the torn edges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. You just know that when you open and go through that door, that you'll step into a magical world :-) Love it!
    Enjoy a great day.
    Big hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is the perfect representation of the magical door to Fairy Land! Love it! Huggies

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!