Sunday, November 18, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays November Encouragement Challenge



Hello Blogging Friends!!


Today is the 18th of the month and that means it is the
 start of a new Encouragement Squad Challenge!


Calling All Sistahs November Encouragement Challenge


Why do we have the Encouragement Challenge??  There are a bazillion reasons someone might need a pick me up from going through an illness, relationship woes, working through a big life decision or just feeling a little lonely or unappreciated!  Wouldn't it be nice to have a stash of cards you could send to a friend or loved one who could use a bright spot in their day?  This challenge is here to help you with that!  On the 18th of each month we will start a new challenge with a new inspiration photo.


Here is the Sketch Challenge for November:





Here is my card:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Gray paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Pink paper
Vellum
Pink ink
Versamark
Rose Gold embossing powder
Clock embossing folder

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of gray paper and the clock embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot, inked the edges with pink ink and added that to the card.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, pink ink and the stamp from the Sands of Time 2 stamp set and stamped the heart sand onto the paper.  I then took the Hourglass Fri-Die and cut out the stamp.  I took a piece of vellum paper, and stamped the hourglass stamp with versamark onto the vellum and then heat embossed it with Rose Gold embossing powder and then I cut out the vellum with the hourglass die and attached that to the other hourglass shape with the sand stamped on it and then I added that to the card.  I took the sentiment from the same stamp set, versamark  and stamped it onto the pink paper.  I heat embossed it with Rose Gold embossing powder and  tore the edges of the paper with a distressing ruler and then added that to the card.

Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code cas-comfort to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.


Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the Design Team have made.


Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!



Thanks for stopping by!

Lori



6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lori!! I love the embossing!! It adds such gorgeous texture!! The hourglass is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the texture here and the torn edge around the sentiment adds to this-the pretty and grunge together-fab contrast x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where has this stamp set been all my life, and how have I not noticed there were little hearts falling before? Great texture on your pretty card, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love that image and you've done a fantastic job with the inspiration as well my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Lori, and I adore the embossed background! Great sentiment, too. One by which I try to live. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!