Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Be a Mermaid

Hello Blogging Friends,


I just got the new Ellen Hutson Inner Mermaid stamp set and matching dies and I couldn't wait to make this card!!


I am entering it in the Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge #380 ~ Anything Goes


Here is my card:




Ingredients:

White card stock
Watercolor paper
Blue glitter paper
Black ink
Coral ink
Blue ink 
Salty Ocean distress oxide
Broken China distress oxide
Cracked Pistachio distress oxide
Evergreen Bough distress oxide
Assorted Copic markers in the BG colors
Wink of Stella

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of watercolor paper, my craft mat and various blue distress oxides.  I smeared the different distress oxides onto the mat and then spritzed them with water.  I ran my watercolor paper through the inks and then sprinkled some salt on it and dried it with my heat tool and when it was dry I added that to the base of the card. I took some more watercolor paper and some blue ink and I stamped the Mermaids tail onto the paper and then colored it in with a bunch of Copic markers in the BG colors.  I then went over the tail with the Wink of Stella pen and then I took the Inner Mermaid tail die and cut out the tail and added it to the card.  I took some black ink and the sentiment from the Inner Mermaid stamp set and stamped that onto the card.  I stamped the starfish from the same stamp set with coral ink and then cut them out with the coordinating dies and added them to the card.  I took blue glitter paper and the Poppystamp Gentle Wave Collage die and cut out the waves and added them to the card.


Be sure to hop on over to the Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge #380 ~ Anything Goes to see what the Design Team have made for this challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I LOVE THIS!!! Fabulous card Lori! WOW!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors in your amazing card, Lori! Don'tcha love that saying? It's a fantastic card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love, love this, Lori!! What a stunning mermaid tail!! The waves, the background, it's all so amazing!! The sentiment is fabulous!! I love this so much!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE it, Lori! Wonderful how you made it seem that the top of her is above the waterline. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty background!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the allusion of her above water and being a secret mermaid. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!