Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hugs to you



Hello Blogging Friends!!


I was away at a Scrapbooking Retreat and had a wonderful time!  But I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things after being catered to all weekend! Anyway, if I have been missing in action and not commenting on your blogs it is because I was away and I will be catching up in the next couple of days!



I am sharing with you another card that I made for the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive.


The Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive will run through the month of January.  This is a card drive dedicated to bringing smile, hope and encouragement to Congenital Heart patients.


 For this Card Drive you are to make HEART THEMED thinking of you cards.  For more information about Cards for Little Hearts and the 3 different collections, please visit the website:  www.cardsforlittlehearts.com




Here is my card:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Scalloped Square die
Black ink
Victorian Velvet distress ink
Assorted paper from my stash
Copic markers

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took the patterned paper, inked the edges with black ink and added them to the card.  I stamped the Penny Black Share a Hug stamp with black ink onto some watercolor paper and then colored it in with Copic markers.  I cut it out with the scalloped square die, inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink and added it to the card.  I took the My Favorite Things Lots of Hugs stamp set and black ink and stamped the sentiment on the lower right corner of the card.


For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took the patterned paper, inked the edges with Spun Sugar distress ink and added that to the card.  I took the Penny Black Share a Hug mice, some black ink and some watercolor paper and stamped the stamp onto the paper.  I colored the image in with Copic markers and then cut it out with the Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Squares dies.  I placed that onto some pink heart paper and then cut that out with the next size up Stitched Square and placed that onto the card.  I took the My Favorite Things Lots of Hugs stamp set some black ink and some white paper and stamped the sentiment onto the white paper.  I cut the fish tail end on the banner and added that to more of the pink heart paper and cut the fish tail end on that banner and then attached it to the card.


I am entering this card in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ PBSC January ~ Anything Goes


If you would like to join us in making cards for the children with Congenital Heart Disease be sure to check out the Cards for Little Hearts web page to read the mission and guidelines.



Thanks for stopping by!



Lori

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your card is gorgeous those mice are so cute. I hope you had fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the retreat, Lori!! I've never been to one but it sounds like so much fun!! This is adorable!! i love the sweet mice and the embossing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, precious card for the drive, Lori! Sweet and beautifully colored! So glad you were pampered at your retreat. If anyone deserves it, it’s you. Hoping this finds Julie all better, and that your snow stayed away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Lori, and I adore the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!