Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Cowboy Cards

Hello Friends,

I have two more Cowboy Cards for OWH for their Special Request of Cowboy Cards to share with you today!!  Here is the first one:


For this A2 card I started with tan cardstock for the base of the card, I added the horseshoe paper to the base.  Next I used the Express Edge Howdy and cut it out in brown and put that on the bottom of the card. I cut out the cactus with an old sizzix die that I have and then I added the Mrs. Grossman horseshoe stickers to the card.  All set for a rootin' tootin' cowboy!!

Here is the second one:


For this A2 card I used a light blue cardstock for the base, then I cut out the brown patterned paper with the Express Edge Howdy and attached that to the card.  I used some cactus dies, an old sizzix cowboy hat die and a couple of star punches to finish off the card.  I added some brads to the hat and placed the ribbon down the side of the card.  That's it!  I think I might have a few more ideas for some more cowboy hats, but we shall see.

I hope I have inspired you to create something today!  I appreciate all the comments that you leave for me and I thank you for them!! 

Don't forget about the Die-Versions Design Team & Operation Write Home Blog Hop on Friday!!

The Blog Hop starts at 8:00 am on Friday, March 7th please be sure to start at the OWH Stars and Stamps Blog at:  http://operationwritehome.org/starsandstamps/  and be sure to leave comments on all of the blogs so that you might get lucky and win some Blog Candy!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

6 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are so fabulous, Lori!! I love the Howdy die!! So fun!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are wonderful. Love that big cowboy hat and your papers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anne!! I love western style paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm havng trouble finding cactus dies. Any ideas where I can purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The large cactus on the top card is an old sizzix die. The smaller cactus dies were from Remember When Scrapbooking, I got them quite a few years ago and I don't even know if the store is still around or if they have that die left in stock. The store was in Texas. You can always try to find it on e-bay.

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!