Saturday, January 4, 2014

ODBD January Challenge ~ Stripes

Hello Everyone!!

 Our Daily Bread Designs is a strong partner with Operation Write Home and sponsors the shipping of 2 boxes of card a month for any month that OWH cardmakers post 50 cards to the link.  For the month of January ODBD's Challenge is to make a card using stripes.  So I made two cards for this challenge.  Here is the first one:


For this card I used brown cardstock for the base of the card and then some K & Company striped paper.  I cut out the label die, it is a Creative Time Vintage Stictched Ladel dies,with brown patterned paper. I used the Die-Versions Wordlets "Miss You" for the sentiment. 

And here is the second card:


For this card I used red cardstock for the base of the card, which is 5 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches.  I then cut down some Bo Bunny Anthem paper to 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  I cut out the star and the quickutz boarder in white paper.  I stamped the sentiment, a Verve Starstruck stamp, on the white star.

These challenges are fun!  If you have never tried one, you should really do one and see how much fun they are.  Don't forget to check out all the samples on the ODBD Challenge for OWH page for some inspiration!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards! I like how you put the star sentiment on a star die cut for the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are great cards. I like how you were thinking outside the box and tilted the star a bit so the sentiment fits.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!