Friday, September 2, 2022

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for September

                     Hello My Halloween Loving Friends!!


Today is the start of a new Halloween Challenge over on the Two Old Bats Year Round Halloween Challenge ~ Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for September!  Since we are only one month away from October this would be the perfect time to start your Halloween cards and be ready to mail them out next month!


        Here is my card for the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for September:




Ingredients:

Bat Dies
Spooky die
Tim Holtz Speckles stencil
Copic markers
Neenah Solar White paper
White card stock
Black shimmer paper
Black ink
Twisted Citron distress oxide ink
Dried Marigold distress oxide ink
Seedless Preserves oxide ink
Tim Holtz Distress Crypt Grit Paste
Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray


For this A2 card I started with White card stock to make the base of the card.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, Twisted Citron, Dried Marigold, and Seedless Preserves distress oxide.  I used my blending brushes to apply the different color distress oxides to the paper.  I took the Mica Spray and spritzed that onto the paper.  Once the Mica Spray was dry I took the Speckles stencil and the Distress Crypt Grit Paste and added some paste to the paper.  When the paste was all dry I took the Kat Scrappiness Distressed Edge Rectangle die and cut out the paper, inked the edges with Black ink and added it to the card base.  I then took more Neenah Solar White paper, the Newton's Nook Halloween Trio stamp and some Black ink and stamped it onto the paper.  I colored it in with Copic markers and fussy cut it out and added it to the card.   I took some Black Shimmer paper and the Spooky die and the Bats die and cut them out and added them to the card.  I was inspired by the BOO on the Inspiration Board pictured below.

 Inspiration Board


Remember, you can create ANYTHING Halloween you would like and our mood boards are here for your inspiration.  You do not have to follow it as the theme but certainly can if you would like!!  Don't forget to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween September Challenge to see all the Spooky cards the Design Team has created!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and adorably cute group of little 'tricksters' and your background is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori, this is so so cute! Love the 'eyes' in the 'Os' ... what an awesome sentiment die. Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!! I just adore your trio of cute little trick or treaters!! The background is awesome, love the texture and the colors.
    The sentiment adds a touch of spookiness to this fun scene.
    Fabulous card, teammate.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!