Sunday, December 15, 2019

Lasting Memories Challenge #477 ~ Daily Holidays, Special & Wacky Days


Hello Blogging Friends,


The theme for December is Daily Holidays, Special & Wacky Days ~ a fun spin for this holiday season.


Today is the start of Lasting Memories Challenge #477 ~ This challenge will run for 2 weeks ~ Roots Day is celebrated on December 23 ~ Your challenge is to scrap an older photo of you and your family. 


Celebrate your genealogy on Roots Day.  It's a great day to celebrate your heritage.  Many of us are returning to our roots as we head home for Christmas.  Returning to our roots is a warm, cozy and comfortable feeling, a sense of belonging.  Celebrate this day, by learning more about your family tree, and exploring your roots!


Here is my 2 page layout of my very first Christmas!



Here is the left side page:


Here is the right side page:

  

For these two pages I used Black Creative Memories pages, some Creative Memories paper and some Bo Bunny Santa paper that I cut into 2 inch strips, distress the inside edge and then inked all around the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.  I took some green paper and the Quickutz Nutmeg cookie cutter dies and cut out my title.  I used the Joanna Sheen Signature Die Christmas Day die and cut that out with the same green paper.  I used Sizzix #664221 greens dies and more green paper.  I used an old Creative Memories Corner Rounder to finish off the edges of the pictures.


Now hop on back over to the Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog to see all the wonderful scrapbook pages the Design Team have made!  And why not join in on this fun challenge! 


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful ways to preserve memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very lovely pages for your old photos! The papers go perfectly with them. Sometimes these type of photos are hard to scrap! Nicely done! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!