Saturday, February 2, 2019

Cheap Dies Lots of Luck

Hello Blogging Friends!

It is my turn on the Cheapo Dies Blog today and I am sharing a card I made with two of my favorite Cheapo Dies dies!!








 Being of Irish Heritage, these two dies are among my all time favorite Cheapo Dies!!  A horseshoe is considered the luckiest of charms worldwide.  There are many cultures that have believed in the protection and good luck of the horseshoe and the Irish are at the top of the list!  Long ago, Celtic brides would have a small horseshoe sewn into the bottom hem of their wedding gown.  There is a strong Irish belief that the horseshoe should be hung upright like the letter U to collect and store the luck inside!  So the horseshoe die is great for new home cards, good luck cards, wedding cards and of course Saint Patrick's Day cards!


For my A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of Irish plaid paper and added that to the card.  I took the Lucky Horseshoe die and some gold paper and cut out the horseshoe.  I took the flowers die and some Neenah Solar White paper and cut out the flowers.  I colored the vines with a green marker and I colored the flowers with the lavender marker and then put some purple gems on the center of the flowers and added that to the horseshoe.  I took two different shades of green paper and the Fancy Clover die set and cut out the shamrock and added that to the card.  I took some green ink, white paper and the My Creative Time I'm a Lucky Girl stamp set and stamped the sentiment onto the white paper and added that to the card.  The horseshoe is a shiny gold but it doesn't show up real clear in the photo.



Thanks for stopping by!


Lori



4 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love how you combined the two dies for a gorgeous St. Patty's Day card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that accent paper you've used for the horseshoe is very cool!! Really gorgeous St. Patrick's Day design my friend!! :) Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this fun, funky design.x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!