Monday, August 13, 2018

Tim Holtz Seashell

Hello Blogging Friends!!


Today I have this fun seashell card that I made and I am entering it in the Simon Says:  Distress It Challenge and the Cute Card Thursday Challenge  #542 ~ Charms!





Ingredients:

Kraft card stock
Bo Bunny Boardwalk paper
Neenah Solar White paper
Rectangle die
Black ink
Tea Dye distress ink
Copic markers
Cheesecloth
Natural Twine
Seashell charm

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of Bo Bunny Boardwalk paper distressed the edges and then inked it with Tea Dye distress ink and added that to the card.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, some black ink and the Tim Holtz Seashell Sketch stamp and stamped that onto the paper and colored that in with Copic markers.  I cut it out with an older rectangle die that I have, inked the edges with Tea Dye distress ink and rubbed some of the Tea Dye distress ink lightly over the paper.  I took a piece of cheesecloth and glued that to the back of the shell rectangle and then attached them to the card a little on a slant.  I took some natural twine and wrapped that around the card a couple of times and then tied a seashell charm to the top.

Be sure to stop by the Simon Says:  Distress It Challenge to see all the awesome creations that the Design Team have made.


I would also like to enter this card in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge #542 ~ Charms!!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

12 comments:

  1. The perfect colors and textures for a sandy, seashell studded beach, Lori! I can nearly smell the salty air, you have captured it so beautifully. GORGEOUS CREATION! It's a wonderful card! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Lori! The cheesecloth looks fabulous on here too. Super!!
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, Lori!! I love the beautiful seashell!! You distressed the image perfectly!! The cheesecloth is such a perfect touch!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular texture, Lori! Love your coloring on the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your card is so very stunning Lori!! Really love the way you've treated the background with the cheesecloth and coloring with the stencil! What a great finishing touch to add that little seashell charm! (Which reminds me of the current challenge going on over at Cute Card Thursday! Would love to have this in the gallery my friend!) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki!! I just entered it!

      Delete
    2. Yay!! So glad to see your creation in the gallery my friend! Thanks for playing! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Beautiful card! The cheesecloth was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Lori! I love the texture of the cheesecloth, your distressing looks fabulous & it's just perfect for our challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The cheese cloth is a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love the texture thecheesecloth adds

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!