Saturday, July 21, 2018

Cheapo Dies Sea Turtle

Hello Blogging Friends,


It is my turn on the Cheapo Dies Blog today and I am sharing a card I made with two of the Exclusive Cheapo Dies dies:  






Here is my card:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Watercolor paper
Versamark
Black ink
Fractured Ice embossing powder
Clear embossing powder
Assorted distress oxides


For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of watercolor paper, my craft mat and some blue and green distress oxides.  I rubbed the different color distress oxides onto the craft mat, spritzed them with water and then ran my paper through it several times, drying the paper with my heat gun between layers of distress oxide, when I liked the way it looked I added it to the white card stock base.  I took another piece of watercolor paper and did the same thing with distress oxides and then I took the Coral Reef die and cut out the paper, I cut off the fish and added the coral to the bottom of the card.  I took more watercolor paper and a bunch of different distress oxides and added them to my craft mat, spritzing and drying in between each layer.  When I liked the color I took the Sea Turtle die and cut out the paper.  I took all the negative pieces out and inked them with Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  For the body of the turtle I stamped it with Versamark and then heat embossed it with Fractured Ice embossing powder and then I added the turtle to the card.  I took the negative pieces that were embossed with clear embossing powder and in-laid them back into the turtle.  I really love the way the distress oxides and the Fractured Ice embossing powder mixed together on the turtle.  I took some black ink and stamped the sentiment onto the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


4 comments:

  1. Lori, you've been wonderfully busy while I was off vacationing but I've finally had a chance to visit and see everything you've done. I love them all but this one today with the undersea dies is fantastic! Really loving the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love the way you have used this die! The inlaid turtle shell looks so amazing - and the texture you achieved is just like an ancient tortoise making his way through the world to bring wonder to everyone he meets! It's a remarkable card, and so beautifully put together! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lori, this is so amazing!! I love the look of the turtle!! The colors are fabulous!! It totally looks under the sea!! Wow!! Love this, my friend!! So spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really incredible background you've made here Lori! I love the blended colors and it makes for the perfect scene for your turtle too! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!