Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Calling All Sistahs July Encouragement Challenge

**This is one of 2 posts that I have today.  If you are looking for the Scrapy Land Challenge #94 please go here.**




Hello Sistahs and Bosom Buddies!!


Today is the 18th of the month and that means it is the
 start of a new Encouragement Squad Challenge!


Calling All Sistahs July Encouragement Challenge


Why do we have the Encouragement Challenge??  There are a bazillion reasons someone might need a pick me up from going through an illness, relationship woes, working through a big life decision or just feeling a little lonely or unappreciated!  Wouldn't it be nice to have a stash of cards you could send to a friend or loved one who could use a bright spot in their day?  This challenge is here to help you with that!  On the 18th of each month we will start a new challenge with a new inspiration photo.


Here is the Inspiration Photo for July:






Here is my card:




Ingredients:

CAS-ual Fridays Serendipi-Tea stamp set
CAS-ual Fridays Scallop Tags Fri-die
Neenah Solar White paper
White card stock
Red, White & Blue striped paper
Black ink
Red ink
Red copic marker
Blue copic marker
Red & White Bakers Twine

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of Red, White & Blue Striped paper, inked the edges with red ink and attached it to the base of the card.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper and stamped the teapot from the CAS-ual Fridays Serendipi-Tea stamp set with black ink onto the paper.  I then colored in the teapot with the blue and red copic markers.  I took the CAS-ual Fridays Scallop Tags die and cut out the tag, inked the edges with red ink and then took the black ink and the sentiment from the Seredipi-Tea stamp set and stamped that onto the top of the tag.  I inked the edges of the tag with red ink, tied the red & white Bakers Twine onto the tag and then added the tag to the card.  I stamped the wishing you sentiment from the same stamp set onto some white paper, inked the edges with red ink and then added that to the card.

Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code cas-comfort to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.


Don't forget to stop by the Encouragement Squad post to see all the lovely creations that the Design Team have made.



Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!!  There will be a prize of a $25 Gift Card to use at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, that will be doubled if your use CAS-ual Fridays products for your card!!





Thanks for stopping by!


Lori

4 comments:

  1. What a great take on the tea theme with those fun words, Lori! And the patriotic theme is fabulous. I'm always amazed by your prolific use of techniques and themes in all your cards. I hope to branch out more like you do! Beautiful card. Wishing you a wonderful hump day. love, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori you work wonders with this set, and the colouring so matches the paper, fancy a cuppa my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Lori!! I love the teapot full of hearts!! The sentiments are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I really like your take on this challenge! I can see how the hearts in the teapot mimic the balls in the basket. :) Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!