Saturday, May 19, 2018

Cheapo Dies Lighthouse

Hello Blogging Friends!!



It is my turn on the Cheapo Dies Blog today and I am sharing a card that I made with the Exclusive Cheapo Dies Lighthouse die:



 Here is my card:



Ingredients:

Sentiment stamp
compass stamp
White card stock
Neenah Solar White paper
Assorted paper scraps from my stash
Black ink
Tim Holtz Wave stencil
Ranger Texture Paste Transparent Gloss
Palette knife
Anchor charm
Black & White Bakers Twine


For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took some white paper and cut out the Exclusive Cheapo Dies Lighthouse die and cut out the base of the lighthouse.  I took some assorted scraps of paper and the lighthouse die and cut out the lighthouse and then cut apart the piecess and inlaid them in the lighthouse.   I added the lighthouse to the patterned paper and then I mounted the whole think onto some peacock blue paper and then onto the white card base.  I took some black ink and the sentiment stamp and stamped the sentiment in the upper left hand corner of the card.  I took the compass stamp and some black ink and stamped the compass in the upper right hand corner of the card. I took the Texture Paste and Tim Holtz Wave stencil and my palette knife and put some paste over the bottom of the card to look like waves smashing into the lighthouse, but it doesn't show up that well in the photograph.  I took the Black & White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around the card and then tied on the Anchor charm.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori


3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the lighthouse die!! the background looks amazing!! I love the texture and the anchor charm!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, Lori, I love that lighthouse! What a great die. Your card is a perfect masculine creation and the sentiment is such fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!