Thursday, July 6, 2017

Cards for Little Hearts



Hello My Crafty Friends,


I am participating in the Card Drive for the children in the Heart Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital.  The Card Drive will run from July 1st to August 25th for Winter Themed cards to be distributed to the children in December.  No Merry Christmas, just Winter Wishes and Holiday Wishes.


I would love it if you would join me in making some cards for this wonderful cause!!


You can find out all the details about the Card Drive and the Important Guidelines for making the cards here


Here is a card I made for the Card Drive:



Ingredients:

CTMH Warm Winter Wishes stamp 
Assorted papers from my stash
Copic markers
Kraft card stock
Black ink
Tumbled Glass distress ink
Water color paper

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I took the Whipper Snapper Designs "Hello Friends" stamp and stamped that with black ink onto some water color paper and colored it in with Copic markers.  I cut that paper down, inked the edges with black ink and attached that to some aqua paper.  Then I cut out the snowflake paper, inked the edges with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then added that to the card.  I placed the stamped image on the card on an angle and then I took the CTMY sentiment and stamped that with black ink on top of the card.  I am getting my cards ready and will share them with you as I make them.


Please spread the word about this Card Drive and the Blog Hop on August 1st and maybe even get creative too!  There are prizes to be won and there will be a Blog Hop on August 1st.


Please use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media!! .


I hope you are inspired to join in the card making!!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. I love it. That is a wonderful cause. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card!! The image is adorable!! Wonderful cause my friend!! I am curently working on my cards too.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so absolutely adorable, Lori!! That is the sweetest image!! It totally makes me smile!! Beautiful card for a beautiful cause!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word that image is just just too stinkin' CUTE Lori!! :) I love your papers too!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over just how cute these two furry friends are Lori! I'll have check this stamp set out and add it on to my wish list. I love the beautiful snowflake paper background as well. Thank you Lori for sharing. May you have a beautiful Friday and weekend ahead. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable pair of critters. I like that their noses are almost rubbing while their tails are wagging. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super precious looking card and such a deserving cause...well done!!
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!