Saturday, July 29, 2017

Additional Cards for the "Cards for Little Hearts" Card Drive

Hello My Crafty Friends,


I am participating in the Card Drive for the children in the Heart Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital.  The Card Drive will run from July 1st to August 25th for Winter Themed cards to be distributed to the children in December.  No Merry Christmas, just Winter Wishes and Holiday Wishes.


I would love it if you would join me in making some cards for this wonderful cause!!


You can find out all the details about the Card Drive and the Important Guidelines for making the cards here


I made today's card with some stamp sets from SPONSOR Joy Clair Stamps!!


I am proud to be a member of the Joy Clair Design Team, they are a great company to work for and they have the biggest most generous hearts!!


Here is my card:


Ingredients:

White card stock
Watercolor paper
Memento Black ink
Copic markers
Tumbled Glass distress ink
Evergreen Bough distress ink
Bundled Sage distress ink
Mowed Lawn distress ink
Peeled Paint distress ink

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the Tree from the Joy Clair Merry Christmoose stamp set in different colors of green distress ink across the paper.  I took some more watercolor paper and stamped the Snowmen from the Joy Clair Cozy Snowman Wishes stamp set with Memento black ink.  I colored the snowmen in with Copic markers and then I fussy cut them out.  I took my inking tool and some Tumbled Glass distress ink and rubbed it along the skyline.  Then I inked the edges with the same ink.  I glued the snowmen onto the card.  I took the sentiment from the Joy Clair Cozy Snowman stamp set and stamped it with black ink onto some white paper and then cut it out with a decorative die, inked it with more Tumbled Glass distress ink and then attached that to the card.




Please spread the word about this Card Drive and the Blog Hop on August 1st and maybe even get creative too!  There are prizes to be won and there will be a Blog Hop on August 1st.



Please use hashtag #cardsforlittleheartscarddrive when sharing on social media!! 


Be sure to stop back on August 1st for the Cards for Little Hearts Blog Hop!!  There will be prizes to win for those that comment on all the blogs!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the tree background!! The snowmen holding hands are so sweet!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is one beautiful Christmas card! I love the happy, vibrant colors that say, "Hi there, friend!" While the images are sweet and as be, your background is incredibly lovely! great card for a wonderful cause. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card!!I love the darling snowman image & wonderful scene too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I really love the beautiful snowy tree scene in the background behind the snowmen!! Another fabulous card for the little ones Lori! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!