Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Joy Clair "Let's Celebrate"

Hello Blogging Friends,


It is my turn on the Joy Clair Blog today and I have a fun card and gift tag to share with you with the newly released Joy Clair Let's Celebrate stamp set.



I had a blast making my card and gift tag with this stamp set.  The little girl is just as cute as can be!  For the month of June the Joy Clair Design Team is adding a little bit of bling to our projects!  Who doesn't like to add some bling??  I know I sure do!  Here is a picture of my projects:



For my card I started by stamping the girl stamp with VersaFine black ink onto some scrap paper to make a mask.



I stamped the girl onto some scrap paper with black VersaFine ink, colored her in just for fun and then fussy cut her out use as a mask.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped her again and then covered her with the mask so I could start stamping the balloons.



I placed the mask over the girl and started stamping the balloons, on the above picture I started with the star balloon but then changed my mind and started over again using the heart balloon stamp first.  I also stamped each of the balloons on some scrap paper and fussy cut them out to use as masks for the balloons, and no I didn't color the balloon masks in this time!



After I stamped all the balloons I started to color in the girl.  I used Copic marker E00 for her skin.



I colored in the pockets and the heart with Copic marker R32, and R20 for the rest of her dress, and E23 for her hair and E47 for her shoes.



For the balloons I used Copic marker Y13 for the heart balloon and the critter balloon, Copic marker B02 for the regular balloon and the other critter balloon, for the other heart balloon I used Copic marker R32 and then Copic marker YG13 for the star balloon.



I stamped the happy birthday stamp inside the yellow heart balloon and the confetti stamp with Encore Ultimate Metallic Teal ink.



I inked the edges of the paper with Faded Jeans distress ink and then I picked out the matting paper and got the card base ready.



I used my tape runner to add the stamped image to the patterned paper.



I added the card base and then added some pink and blue pearls to it for the Bling!!  Now my card is done and I move on to make the tag.



For my tag I stamped the cupcake with VersaFine black ink onto some watercolor paper.



I colored the cupcake using Copic markers R32, Y13 and B02.



I used a Gelly Roll blue pen to make the sprinkles on the cupcake.  Then I cut the cupcake out with my square punch and I ran the R32 Copic marker along the edge of the square.



I added the cupcake to some of the patterned paper and cut that into a square and added it to a white tag that I cut out using an old Quickutz tag die.  



I stamped Celebrate with the black VersaFine ink over the cupcake. Then I took some blue and white Bakers Twine and tied that onto the gift bag.  Here is the gift bag and card set together:



I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

4 comments:

  1. Such a darling stamp set!!A beautiful birthday gift set!!
    Love the pretty tag!Saw it on FB!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a stunning set of stamps. The card is gorgeous and the gift tag is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable, Lori!! She's so sweet!! You colored her beautifully!! I love the heart background!! The tag is so creative and fabulous!! You've showcased the stamps perfectly!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous tutorials and darling cards, Lori, so beautifully colored! Your birthday confetti surrounding the balloons is lively and fun! Really great cards, Lori! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!