Friday, April 10, 2015

ODBD April Challenge for OWH

Hello My Friends,
 
Since this is the last month to donate Father’s Day cards, the challenge for April is Masculine cards. If you are still working on Father’s Day cards, make sure to get those to OWH headquarters by April 30th. Making cards for Dad that don’t have Happy Father’s Day on them are a great choice since they will have a longer shelf life.   Here is my card:
 


For this A2 card I started with kraft card stock.  Next I took a piece of brown Core'dinations Color Core card stock and ran it thru my Vagabond using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Gears Embossing Folder, then I sanded it down a bit and added it to the base of the card.  Next I cut out the gears using Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockest dies and some kraft card stock, I then colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Antiqued Bronze and Brushed Pewter staims and added them to the card.  I took the center of the large gear and stamped the sentiment in black ink and then I ran it thru my Vagabond using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Gears Embossing Folder, then I brushed some of the stain on top of the embossed gears and added that to the center of the card and then I added some of the other gears.  So what do you think?  Does this look like a masculine card?  I sure think it does!!

Be sure to check out the other great cards for the ODBD April Challenge for OWH.

I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

3 comments:

  1. Great masculine card and a wonderful sentiment! I have those gear dies and never know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Lori!! I love the texture and the gears!! The colors are fabulous!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sprocket dies are some of my favs, and they really do make great masculine cards! Love that sentiment too - good for the guys and the ladies!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!