Sunday, July 6, 2014

Three Texture Challenge

Hello My Friends!!



I hope you are enjoying a leisurely Holiday Weekend!!  I have been busy making cards for the Operation Write Home 4th of July Virtual Card Making Party.  There are 6 challenges each day for Friday, Saturday and today.  You can join in at any time if you would like!  It is really a lot of fun to do the challenges and try new techniques that you might not normally do on a card.  Today I am going to share a card with you that I made for the 2:00 pm Challenge yesterday at  Bobbi's Treasures
which was to create a card with at least 3 textures on it, here is my card:


What do you think?  Did I make the challenge?  For this A2 card I started with tan cardstock for the base of the card.  Next I cut some brown paper with the Die-Versions Whispers Morroco Background die and added that to the card base.  Next I cut out the Memory Box Poppy Flower die twice, once in pink paper and once in green for the stem.  I inked the edges of the flowers and placed them on the stems.  Next I attached the flowers to a piece of Graphic 45 green floral paper, inked the egdes with green ink and backed that with a solid green paper.  I attached some brown ribbon on the card and then placed the matted poppy on the card.  Next I stamped the Inspired by Stamping stamp in brown ink on the solid green paper and matted that with the Graphic 45 paper and added that to the card.  I added a Bo Bunny brad underneath the stamp.  I love the way it turned out, I don't know if I would have put all those elements together if it weren't for the challenge!!

I hope I have inspired you to create something today!  I appreciate and read all your comments!  Why not join in on one of the challenges.  I hosted a challenge on Friday at 2:00 pm to make a Red, White & Blue Birthday card.  You can see the challenge here!  You can also check out the cards I have made for the other Challenges on my Pinterest account!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Love this Lori! Great color combo. You've been busy and have created some wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!! Thank goodness we didn't have any big plans this weekend with the OWH 4th of July VCMP going on! I am behind on some of the challenges, but I plan on doing each and every one, it is fun trying all these new techniques!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!