Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July VCMP!


Hello My Peeps!!

Happy 4th of July!!  What better way to celebrate this holiday then to make a card for one of our Heroes!!  Today I am happy to be participating in the OWH 4th of July Virtual Card Making Party!!  So, as singer Pink would sing, "let's get this party started"!!  My challenge to you is to make a Birthday card using Red, White and Blue as your main colors.  You can make a kids birthday card, or a female birthday card or better yet a masculine birthday card!!  Here are a couple of Birthday Cards that I made using the Red, White and Blue theme!!


For this A2 card I started with white cardstock fo the base of the card.  Next I cut a piece of the red, white and blue plaid paper that I got in a 6 x 6 Patriotic Paper Pack from AC Moore down to 4 inches by 5 1/4 inches.  Then I cut out the Cat's Pajama's Celebrate Topper die in red paper and added that to the bottom of the card.  Next I used some Quickutz balloon dies and cut out the ballooms in red, blue and blue with stars paper and added them to the card.  I like the way it turned out, what do you think?

Here is another one:


For this card I started with a white cardstock for the base and then I used the red and white paper from that same pad and attached that to the card.  Next I cut out the cupcake using a cupcake die that I have I used the the blue star paper for the cupcake liner, white paper for the cake and then red paper for the icing and then I put some white and blue sprinkles on top.  Next I cut out the Quickutz Happy Birthday die with red paper and put the blue star paper behind the die cuts so help make it stand out. 

And the last one:



I started with white cardstock again, put the blue star paper on top of the white and cut out the cupcake liner using another sheet of the patriotic paper from that pad, the cake with white paper, and the icing with red paper and then added some white and blue sprinkles, and even a few white hearts.  Next I took my Hero Arts Birthday Constellation stamp and used some versa mark and stamped that onto white paper and then sprinkled some clear embossing powder over it and heated that up.  Then I took some Ranger distress ink in Denim Blue and rubbed that over the top to get the letters blue.  Next I cut that out and attached that to the card!  I really love the Birthday Constellation stamp! 

Be sure to continue on the next Challenge in the OWH 4th of July VCMP!! 

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
    <div class='InLinkzContainer' id='422378' >
    <a rel='nofollow' href="http://new.inlinkz.com//luwpview.php?id=422378" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up</a></div>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://static.inlinkz.com/cs2.js?v=007'></script>
<!-- end InLinkz script —>

If you should get lost here is the link to find the next challenge! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

24 comments:

  1. Very cute balloon card! I love the sentiment written in the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the festive cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chark! I loved making them, I don't think I ever used that particular die before so it was really fun!

      Delete
  3. Love the happy balloon card, and the yummy cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene! I had fun playing with my dies!

      Delete
  4. I love the cupcake cards! I think there's a problem with the Inlinkz...I can't see it on your post. Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun making the cupcakes! If you just touch on the highlighted red part of the first link it should take you to the in link.

      Delete
  5. Since your link isn't working, here's the address for my card: http://becca-expressions.blogspot.com/2014/07/three-challenges-in-one.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your card. The link is working for some people. I think you have to click on the highlighted red area in the first link and that should get you there!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to come back and try this one! Red, white, and blue is always a real challenge for me. Thanks for the super inspiration! LOVE those adorable cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect challenge for the holiday weekend! Thanks for the great examples!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a fun challenge... a perfect challenge for our nation's birthday. And, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge! Off to find my red and blue papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks very much for hosting this challenge. Love your cards. They are a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. Your cards are very striking with the red white and blue. The middle one is a stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting a great, fun challenge! I love red, white, and blue, and all of your cards look festive and so perfect for the holiday weekend! I love the sprinkles on the cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the great challenge and your commitment to OWH, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love using these strong colors! Makes a stand-out card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's Tuesday night and I'm finally finished and linking my photo. Hooray for a great VCMP! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!