Thursday, February 27, 2014

Howdy Cowboy!

Hello Friends,

Today I am going to share a card with you that I made for a Special Request Challenge for OWH.  The request was made for some Cowboy Cards.  Here is my card:


For this A2 card I used a brown cardstock for the base and then I cut out the 4 inch by 5 1/4 inch Close To My Heart Paper for the background.  But before I attached it to the card I ran it thru my Vagabond with the Die-Versions Howdy Express Edge to get the Howdy on the top of the card.  I then put a matching border right under Howdy.  Next I took some brown cardstock and used one of my old sizzix cowboy hat die.  I cut out the center strip on the hat with black paper and then I added stome studs to the hat.  Now I think this sure as shootin' looks like a Cowboy Card!!  Don't you??  You can see the other Cowboy Cards that have been created for this special request on the OWH Stars & Stamps Tutorial Page.

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave any comments in the comments section because I love to read what you think of my OWH cards!  I hope I have inspired you to round-up some of your scrap supplies and make something!!

Happy Trails!!
Lori

4 comments:

  1. Great card using fun paper! Love that you used an old sizzix die for the hat. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette!! I love that Close To My Heart Paper and it has been a while since of used any of my sizzix dies, and I have a ton!!

      Delete
  2. Very cool. Love the paper and the brads on the cowboy hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne!! I love all the Close To My Heart papers!!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!