Monday, November 10, 2014

Chilling Penguin

Hi Peeps,

I am here today to share with you another Christmas Card I created for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.


For this A2 card I started with blue cardstock and added the icy blue patterned paper to the base.  Next I stamped my Darcie Penguin stamp on white paper and colored it with my Copic Markers and then fussy cut it out.  Next I die cut my Spellbinders D-Lites Icicles die out with silver paper and attached that to the card.  I then placed the Penguin on top of that like he was resting on the icicles.  Then I stamped the sentiment with my Repeat Impressions Chilly Christmas stamp with VersaMark and then I poured some white embossing powder over that and heat embossed it.  Next I cut out the snowflakes using more silver paper and my Die-Versions Wee Petites Snow Flurries die.  I think it turned out cute and I hope it brings a smile to someone's face!

The Caring Hearts Card Drive is a card drive organized by Vera Yates & Jennifer McGuire with the goal to collect holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes.  During this time of year many of the elderly who live in nursing homes really feel the loneliness or are missing their family.  Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forggotten.  The card drive is going on right now until November 28, 2014.  If you would like to send your hand made cards for the card drive please go to visit these posts on Vera Yates or Jennifer McGuire's blogs for the card drive details.  Cards must arrive to them by November 28th!!


I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Lori!! That is the sweetest image!! I love the rosy heart cheeks!! The icicles are so awesome!! Fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. how darling, Lori! WONDERFUL little icicle die cut - I don't have that one - hmmmmm. Very sweet penguin! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how I missed this one yesterday! TOOOO cute and I love the little cheeks on the precious penguin! Great icicle die too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!