Sunday, November 9, 2014

Doxie Christmas

Hello Peeps,

I am here today to share with you a card that I have created for the Caring Hearts Card Drive.  Here is my card:

For this A2 card I started with green cardstock and I added the patterned paper to the base.  Next I stamped Newton's Nook dachsund stamp from the Holiday Hounds stamp set onto white paper and colored it with my Copic Markers.  Then I cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestablilities die, inked the edges with green ink and mounted that on red paper and cut that out with the next size up Nestablilities die and added that to the card.  Then I took my Die-Versions Wee Petites Snow Flurries and cut them out with silver glitter paper and added them to the card.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Holiday Hounds stamp set and die cut that and inked the edges with green ink and pop dotted that to the card.  Then I die cut my Impressions Obsessions Fir Sprigs die and placed the branches behind the popped up sentiment.  I think this will bring a smile to someone's face, don't you?

The Caring Hearts Card Drive is a card drive organized by Vera Yates & Jennifer McGuire with the goal to collect holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes.  During this time of year many of the elderly who live in nursing homes really feel the loneliness or are missing their family.  Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forggotten.  The card drive is going on right now until November 28, 2014.  If you would like to send your hand made cards for the card drive please go to visit these posts on Vera Yates or Jennifer McGuire's blogs for the card drive details.  Cards must arrive to them by November 28th!!



I hope I have inspired you to make a card for this wonderful Card Drive!!  Be sure to get any cards you make to them by November 28th!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! He's just as cute as can be and really like the patterned paper you used with him.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Lori! Great card design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet, Lori!! That little guy is so adorable!! I love his sweater!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Lori! I love his bright colored sweater!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!