Friday, April 5, 2024

We Have the Whole World in Our Hands

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing a card that I made for the Double Trouble Challenge 163 ~ "Let's Get Krafty and the Inspiration Station Prompt #60.


Here is my card:



April brings Earth Day and both of these Challenges are honoring Earth Day.  Earth Day is an annual event held on April 22 to show support for Mother Earth!  I think that we all should be stewards of the earth because there is no Planet B!  The first Earth Day was held in 1970.  The official theme for 2024 is "Planet vs Plastics" and we all should do our part to recycle.


Here is the inside of my card:



And:





For the Double Trouble "Let's Get Krafty" we are to use recycled paper or Kraft card stock.  I chose to used some corrugated kraft paper on my card.  We were also to use shades of Blue since Earth is the Blue Planet.  For the Inspiration Station Prompt #60 we are to us the photo below for Inspiration:




When I saw this photo the first thing that came to my mind was one of my childhood favorite songs "He's got the whole world in his hands" and that is what inspired my card.  So I found an image on Pinterest with several hands holding up the world.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I do believe we all hold the world in our hands!


I am entering this card in the following Challenges:


The Double Trouble Challenge #163 ~ "Let's Get Krafty"




The Inspiration Station Prompt #60 Challenge



Be sure to hop over to both challenges to see all the awesome cards made for these challenges.


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to do your part for our Earth and Recycle!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. A perfect design for Earth Day! Love the corrugated background and how you continued the design to the inside. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that globe held up with the hands - very powerful image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inspiration of the Prompt #60 and great find for your card using Double Trouble's "Let's Get Krafty" using the corrugated kraft paper and Twisted Sister's shades of blue... love your creativity. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Inspiration Stations.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!