Sunday, March 8, 2020

Lasting Memories Layout Challenge #488 ~ Techniques ~ Faux Quilting

Hello Blogging Friends!


The theme for March is "Techniques."  Let's use some different techniques on our pages.  For this week the challenge is Faux Quilting ~ To give the appearance of a quilted fabric with with real stitching or fake stitching with a stamp or drawn stitch lines or even use a quilt die.


LM #488 ~ Let's see some quilting on your layout!


Here is my layout for this challenge:


My daughter redecorated her room and wanted me to make her a new quilt that would match her new nautical bedroom.  I bought this material and sewed all the pieces together, but I couldn't figure out how I was going to quilt the top of a Queen size quilt on my sewing machine, plus since it had taken me two years to put the top together I thought it would be best to have a real quilter quilt it together.  I didn't tell her that I had mailed it out to a quilter in Pennsylvania to quilt it together because I wasn't sure how long it would take to get it back.  So the day it arrived I handed her the box and told her to open it.  She was very surprised and happy to see it!

To make this layout I used my Creative Memories Border Maker for the side border.  For the quilted titled boarder I used the Your Next Stamp Scrapworks ~ Diamonds and Triangles dies.  If you look real closely at the title banner you see the stitching on the triangles so that is my quilting.  I used some old sewing Quickutz dies and Quickutz letters for the title.


Now hop on back over to the Lasting Memories Layout Challenge Blog to see all the great layouts the Design Team have made!  And please join us in this challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, you are so talented, I've yet attempted to make anything this large, beautiful quilt, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. Great layout, wonderful photos and such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!