Tuesday, January 28, 2020

No One Is You

Hello Blogging Friends!


Today I have another card for that I made for the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop live on Saturday, February 1st at 6:00 am EST.  



Ingredients:

Neenah Solar White paper
Neenah Desert Storm paper
Pink paper
Black ink
Copic markers
Distress tool

For this 6 x 6 card card I started with Neenah Desert Storm paper to make the card base.  I took some Pink paper, distressed the edges with my distress tool and added it to the card base.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, Black ink and the Transformation stamp and stamped that onto the paper.  I colored it in with Copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set with black ink over the butterfly and I added it to the card.

Here is the reason I think this card is perfect to represent Turner Syndrome:


Turner Syndrome and the Butterfly

The butterfly has become the symbol for "Turner Girls". Just like a butterfly, they are considered fragile and beautiful miracles. Turner Syndrome may also cause a myriad of health complications, such as heart defects, learning disabilities and infertility, according to the Mayo Clinic. Sept 14, 2013.

Because it represents femininity, strength, and uniqueness, the butterfly was designated by TSSUS to become the Turner Syndrome symbol. "Butterflies fly on their own which is our hope for our girls."

I hope you will hop along with us on Saturday, February 1st, for the "It's A Girl Thing" Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this is so beautiful and a perfect card for Turner Syndrome Awareness. The colors are fantastic and I love that the butterfly is half gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!