Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sew Cute

Hello Blogging Friends,


Happy Sunday!  I made this card for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge:  Haberdashery.



Ingredients:

Die-Versions Sewing Machine die
Die-Versions Button dies
Kraft card stock
Assorted paper from my stash
Brown ink
Twine

For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I took a scrap paper of sewing machine ads, distressed the edges, inked the edges with brown ink and added it to the card.  I took some black shimmer paper, copper shimmer paper and the Die-Version Sewing Machine die and cut out the sewing machine twice.  I added the black sewing machine to the card and inlaid the copper details on the sewing machine.  I took the Die-Versions Buttons die and some scraps of paper and cut out the button and placed them onto the card.  I added the tape measure and the Sew Cute sticker to the card. I took some twine and wrapped it around the card and tied it into a bow.

I will be entering this card into the Funkie Junkie Frilly and Funkie Challenge:  Haberdashery 


I hope I have inspired you today!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


5 comments:

  1. Sew cute, indeed, Lori! Beautiful details on the antique sewing machine, and a wonderful collage design! Fantastic creation! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute Lori!! Love the intricate details of that sewing machine and you've made such a wonderful design with all of the Vintage style elements coming together here!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Lori!! The sewing machine looks so gorgeous!! I love the details you added!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this IS sew cute! I love that vintage sewing machine and how you inlaid the copper details! That is such a labor of love, but sew effective! Thank you so much for playing along in our Haberdashery challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet sewing-themed card. The vintage sewing machine is fabulous and makes a great focal point. Remove the crank handle and make it electric, it reminds me of the Singer machine my Mother had for years when I was little. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!