Thursday, February 23, 2017

DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #199 ~ GREEN


Hello Blogging Friends,


Today is the start of a new challenge on the DL.ART CHALLENGE BLOG



Since Mardi Gras starts on February 28th I thought I would make a Mardi Gras card!


Here is my card:


Ingredients:

Die-Versions Mask ~ retired
Joy Clair Mardi Gras stamp set
Versa mark
White embossing powder
Gold sequins
Mowed Lawn distress ink
Perfect Pearls Mist ~ Biscotti
Ken Oliver Caribbean  Brights Color Bursts

For this 5 inch by 7 inch card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  Next I took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the Joy Clair Mardi Gras "Beads" stamp with Versamark around the edges of the paper and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I took the Mowed Lawn distress ink and my blending tool and applied ink to the whole card.  Then I spritzed the page with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist and let that dry.  I took another piece of watercolor paper and sprayed it with water and then I took the Chartreuse, Lime Green and Orchid Ken Oliver Caribbean color bursts and sprinkled some on the wet paper and then let that dry.  Once the paper was dry I cut it out using the Die-Versions Mask die twice.  I took the DL.ART Black Iridescent Lace (the lace has iridescent green and gold on it,  but it doesn't show up in the picture of my card ~ so here is a better picture:)

I wrapped the black lace around the middle of the green watercolor paper, then I took some of the  green, yellow and purple ribbon from the DL.ART Rainbow Bundle and wrapped them around the card and tied them into a bow.  I then took that piece of paper and glued it onto the card base.  I took the two masks that I had cut out and glued them onto the card.  Then I took some gold sequins and glued them onto the card.  I am really loving this new Black with Iridescent Lace, be sure to check out at the DL.ART Store here.  Diana also has some new flat white lace with silver in the store that is really delicate and lovely!

Please stop by the DL.ART Store to see all the lovely ribbon and the new lace that Diana has!  


Diana gives my followers a 10% discount when purchasing from the DL.ART Store just by using this code LK456 at checkout!




Be sure to check out all the wonderful creations made by the Design Team for the: DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #199 ~ GREEN.


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

8 comments:

  1. what a fun mardi gras card Lori the mask and your colors are fab. The lace is a perfect touch and I love the design Have a blessed day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lace is beautiful, Lori, and I love how you incorporated the colors to make something so "mardi-gras-ish"! Fantastic colors and elements, and a fun card all 'round! wishing you a delightful afternoon! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Mardi Gras card, Lori!! I love the colors and how you used the ribbons!! The masks are fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card Lori. I love the lace with the ribbons and the masks. Super cool project Lori. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love the masks and the coloring on those. So pretty and a perfect card for Mardi Gras!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a fun idea!! I love your Mardi Gras style card with your ribbons, colors and fun elements! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card, Lori! That lace is absolutely gorgeous! Looks awesome on this card along with the ribbon! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!