Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Scrapy Land Challenge #46 Emboss It!


Hello Blogging Buddies!

Today is the start of another new challenge on the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog!!

Scrapy Land Challenge #46 with a theme of Emboss It! (heat or dry) PLUS use any brand of low profile or steel ruled die Scrapy Land sells.


 Scrapy Land has over 40 brands of dies.  Please be sure to link you project back to the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog. It would also be extremely helpful if you would list the brands of dies used in your project.

Here is my card for Scrapy Land Challenge #46 Emboss It!


Ingredients:

Close To My Heart Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set
Assorted paper from my stash
Pearls from my stash
Spun Sugar distress ink
Mowed Lawn distress ink
VersaMark
Yellow Copic marker

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I then added the dotted paper, next I cut out the Spellbinders Nestabilities Opulent Ovals die with some striped paper and added that to the base of the card.  Next I stamped the Close To My Heart Hawaiian Hibiscus flowers with VersaMark and then heat embossed with Sparkle N Sprinkle Raspberry Sherbet embossing powder.  I stamped the leaves from the same stamp set with VersaMark and then heat embossed with Sparkle 'N Sprinkle Galaxy Green embossing powder.  I fussy cut out the hibiscus flowers and the leaves, inked them with Spun Sugar distress ink and Mowed Lawn distress ink and added them to the card.  I  cut out the Paper Smooches Hello word die and added that to the card and to finish off the card I put three pearls and the top and bottom of the card.

Be sure to check out all the other lovely creations that the Designers have made on the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog!

Now it is your turn to create something for this challenge!  The challenge closes on Sunday, July 31 and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to the Scrapy Land store.

I hope I have inspired you to create something today!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori


9 comments:

  1. Beautifully elegant card Lori! Great colors and wonderful focal point.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. Love how you used the embossing powder to highlight each vein on the leaves. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Lori!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the colors and embossing!! Beautiful card my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and love the flower and purples. Hugs Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your paper and the embossed flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori !
    Gorgeous card ! Love the embossed flowers and leaves, and the Colors are perfect
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Lori!! :) Really love that flower and your die cut shape is so elegant and perfect for this image! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!