Wednesday, November 12, 2014

'Anything Goes' Blog Hop with Die-Versions and Repeat Impressions


Welcome to the Die-Versions and Repeat Impressions Blog Hop!  

We hope you are ready for some great inspiration - our theme is 'Anything Goes', and what awesome creations there are to see!
  
And...what's a blog hop without prizes?
  
There will be one lucky winner of a $20 gift card from Repeat Impressions
and one lucky winner for a $20 gift card from Die-Versions!  

Let's get hopping!

You should have arrived here from Cheri Weston's blog.  
If you didn't, and you'd like to start at the beginning, you can find the entire hop list on the Die-Versions and Repeat Impressions' blogs

Be sure to start at the beginning, so you have the maximum chances of winning!  

The more you comment along the way, the more chances you have of winning!
You will have until midnight CST on Saturday, November 15th, to comment.  
Winners will be announced on the Die-Versions and Repeat Impression blogs on Sunday, November 16th.

And now here are my two cards I made:


For this A2 card I started with blue cardstock for the base of the card.  Next I added the blue paper to the white cardstock to create the snow and the sky.  Then I cut out the Die-Versions Ice Cave die twice, once in silver and once in icy blue paper and pieced it together and mounted that on the card.  I then stamped the Repeat Impressions Santa Hat Penguin twice on white paper with black ink and then colored them in with colored pencils. I used a red and green Spica Glitter pen on the Penguins hats.  Once they were all colored in I added them to the card in front of the Igloo.  Then I stamped the Repeat Impressions Coolest Christmas stamp with Versamark onto the top left hand side of the card and added some white embossing powder and then heat embosed it.  Next I took my Die-Versions Wee Petites Snow Flurries die and die cut them with sticky paper and sprinkled them with cloudy glitter and attached them to the top of the card and then I added some pearls to the center of the snowflakes.

And here is my 2nd card: 


For this A2 card I started with kraft cardstock for the base of the card, then I added the snowflake print paper.  Next I cut out Die-Versions Whispers Delicate Tree die in green paper and then I mounted that on sticky paper, fussy cut it out and then added some Frosted Juniper glitter.  Next I stamped the Repeat Impressions Santa Hat Penguin stamp in black ink and I added some clear embossing powder and heat embosed that.  Then I colored the penguin with Copic Markers added some Ice Snow glitter and fussy cut it out and added it to the card. Next I took the Repeat Impressions Coolest Christmas stamp and stamped it with VersaMark onto white paper and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I rubbed some brown ink over the sentiment and added gold ink to the egdes and added that to the card.  To finish it off I added some bling in the center of the snowflakes and some sequins to the tree.  I really enjoyed working with the Repeat Impression stamps and I think they go together with the Die-Versions dies perfectly!!

We hope that we have inspired you to be creative, and that you'll do a bit of shopping at the Die-Versions and Repeat Impressions' websites!

Thanks for stopping by today!  

Your next stop on the hop is Deonna Bemish's blog

I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today and enjoy hopping!!
Lori




35 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lori - these are both darling!!! Great job, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combo of dies and stamps! Love the penguins and that igloo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW both the tree and the igloo look fabulous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the dies you chose to go with that adorable penguin and sentiment. So much inspiration here, Lori. Thank you! (I think I "need" the igloo die!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh, lovely creations!! love this igloo with twin penguins and the tree is really delicate with a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Thanks for hopping with the Repeat Impressions Team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are so absolutely adorable, Lori!! I just love the little penguin!! He goes perfectly with the DV igloo!! And he looks so cute in front of the tree!! You did such a fabulous job on both of them my friend!! Love, love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh so cute! My daughters life long Christmas theme has been penguins. Cant wait to make her a darling penguin card this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute - love the penguins.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are adorable. Love the penguins with the igloo, especially! Great Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the penguin cards The xmas die is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, both cards are gorgeous!!! Hummmm... I think I need that igloo die also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are fabulous!!! I LOVE the little penguins and that igloo! Too cute! Fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these are just so cute!! Love the Ice Cave (I don't remember even seeing this) with the penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. both cards are adorable. that penguin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG your cards are so Fabulous and Fun your penquins are just adorabs!!
    You really will put a big 'ol smile on the someone's face for sure. Super and outstanding creative jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love penguins! A very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great cards Lori. Love the little penguins. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pengies are adorable, Lori! great cards! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now if this adorable card doesn't make you smile, nothing will...so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG total cuteness - love penquins, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards, I love the ice cave die! thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, what cute penguin cards! The first one is my favorite with that cute igloo (Ice cave) centerpiece. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lori, these are TOO CUTE! LOVE the igloo die and I adore all those penguins! Super darling! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love penguins and both of these holiday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute cards!! Both the igloo and tree dies pair so perfectly with my penguin. Wonderful job! Thank you for all your hard work and the inspiration!
    Wendy
    Repeat Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable cards with those cute little penguins! The fancy Christmas Tree die is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Darling cards! Love the cute penguin stamp along with the igloo and tree dies!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!