Friday, September 19, 2014

Birthday Bear

Hello Friends,

Today I am going to share with you a card that I made for my daughter's birthday and I am also going to be entering it in the 613 Avenue Crafts  ~  THE 2ND CHANCE CHALLENGE: The Beat Goes On! on their facebook page.  The challenge is to create a card using this photo for inspiration:


And here is my card that I made:
 
 
For this 5 x 7 inch card I started with yellow cardstock for the base of the card.  Then I cut out the Buggy Designs Button Bear in chocolate brown paper and inked the edges with black ink.  I used a sizzix die to cut out the sign in blue paper and I cut out the happy birthday using a Quickutz die and some sparkly yellow paper.  Next I used the Build a Cupcake die to make the cupcake and a Cottage Cutz Napkin & Decorative Teaspoon die to make the spoon and napkin.  I also used the small balloon in the Quickutz Nesting Balloons and the string was from Frantic Stamper Helium Balloons die.  I also used a die to make the tablecloth, but the maker of that die escapes my brain at the moment and I no longer have the packaging.  So what do you think??  Did I meet the challenge??  I took the colors from the picture to make my card!
 
I hope I have inspired you to create something fun today!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Lori
 
PS...Don't forget to stop by on Monday, September 22nd for the Die-Versions + Great Impressions Blog Hop!!  There are some great prizes!!
 

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and adorable, Lori!! The bear is so cute!! I love the heart sprinkles on the cupcake!! What a fun and festive card!! I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute as can be. Love the napkin and table cloth dies. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, thanks so much for promoting our contest. We appreciate it. Your entry is adorable. Love the paper piecing and the great use of the challenge colors. You are so enthusiastic and such a fun follower. We are so glad that you have joined the Front Porch Gang here at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/avenue613

    My personal Blog: http://redoralee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!