Monday, September 2, 2024

Two Old Bats September Halloween Challenge

 

Hello Ghoul Friends,


Today is the start of a new Halloween Challenge over on the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge Blog ~ Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge for September.   We have a fun Inspiration Board to help you get started!  We are a year round Halloween Challenge because we are all a bit batty for Spooky cards!  I hope you will join us for this fun Challenge!


Here is my card for the TOB September Challenge:



Ingredients:

We R Memory Keepers Witchy Halloween spider stamp
Happy Halloween stamp
White card stock
Neenah Solar White paper
Black ink
Ripe Persimmon distress oxide 
Twisted Citron distress oxide
Dusty Concord distress oxide
Tim Holtz Black Mica Spray

For this A2 card I started by making the card base with White card stock.  I took a piece of Neenah Solar White paper and Ripe Persimmon, Twisted Citron and Dusty Concord distress oxides and applied them randomly with my blending brushes.  I then spritzed the paper with water and when it dried I used some of the Tim Holtz Black Mica Spray over the paper.  I took the Kat Scrappiness Distressed Edge Rectangle die and cut out the paper.  I took the Lavinia Sacred Tree stamp, the Spider stamp and the Jaded Blossom Black Cat Brewery stamp  and some Black ink and stamped them onto the paper.  I inked the edges with Black ink and added the paper to the card base.  I took the Happy Halloween stamps and Black ink and stamped the sentiment onto the card.  I was inspired by the spooky photos on the Inspiration Board below.

Inspiration Board:




Remember, you can create ANYTHING Halloween you would like and our mood boards are here for your inspiration.  You do not have to follow it as the theme, but you certainly can if you would like!!  Don't forget to stop by the Two Old Bats Halloween September Challenge to see all the Spooky cards the Design Team has created!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a big spider hanging from a tree branch!! I walk into cob webs all the time ... UGH Hate That! LOL Awesome card my friend ... glad to see you finding time to create again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky fun Lori and what a fabulous background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, every time I see a distressed background I want to try it myself and then I forget! This is a great spooky card, and I love how you combined so many different manufacturers to make one cohesive creation.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!