Saturday, January 28, 2023

Turner Syndrome Strong in 2023

 Hello Crafty Friends!!


Today I want to share with you a card I made for a very important cause that is near and dear to my heart!  As most of you know, my daughter Julie was born with Turner Syndrome ~ a genetic disorder where she is missing her second X chromosome leaving her with lifelong medical issues including short stature, hearing and eye sight problems, IBS and some issues with the bones in her feet.  She is also intellectually challenged.   But she is a very happy young lady who loves everyone.  I have made it my mission in life to bring as much awareness to TS as I can so that other families with a TS daughter do not have to go through some of the issues that we went through!


Here is my card that I made for the Turner Syndrome Awareness Card Auction that I am hosting with some 60+ Card Designers from all over the world!  These Card Designers have poured a lot of love into the cards that they created and donated to the TS Awareness Card Auction that will benefit the Turner Syndrome Foundation!  I am a volunteer and Board Member of TSF and I am very proud to be associated with the good work they do. 


Here is my card:



I made this card with the X background die because Turner Syndrome is all about the Quirky X chromosome.  TS females may be  missing their whole second X or partial second X chromosome, but they all have some unique X factor about them!   So this years Focus is the X Factor!  I choose the Strength die because TS females are very strong because they survived, most TS fetuses don't make it to be born and the ones that do are considered Miracles!


TS was written about in 1938 by Dr. Turner and yet here we are in 2023 and most people have never heard of TS!  Well we are going to change that in 2023!  And we need your help to do that!  For Turner Syndrome Awareness Month, which is February, I am asking everyone to share some information about TS on your Social Media Platforms!  



Please stop by the TS Awareness Card Auction page on Instagram at:

 https://www.instagram.com/mulchlady6/


To see all the beautiful cards that were made for this card auction!  All the funds raised go directly to the Turner Syndrome

 Foundation:  https://turnersyndromefoundation.org/



I do hope you will join me in spreading awareness of TS!!


Thanks for stopping by!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!