Thursday, June 6, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #2


Hello My Mystical Friends!!


Today is the start of the Lavinia World Challenge #2!!

Here are the details for the Lavinia World Challenges ~  We are a brand new challenge featuring Lavinia Stamps and Papers.  We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps (either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps).  You can read the rules here.


We prefer that you submission use Lavinia Stamps, but they are not required.  However, if you do use Lavinia stamps in your project, your chance of winning are doubled for each entry!  your name/project will be entered into the calculation for the Designer's Choice Winner twice.  (For example, if three designers choose your project as their favorite, then that project will have a total of six votes!)


The winner of the challenge will be able to proudly display this badge on their blog and will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World to shop for more goodies.  Lavinia World offers the complete range of Lavinia stamps and papers, which are from the UK.  The store is located in the US and ships worldwide.


Now here is my card for Lavinia World Challenge #2:



Ingredients:

Lavinia World Green Man (small) stamp
Honey Bee Stamps Bloom die
Neenah Desert Storm paper
Watercolor paper
Patterned paper
Brown paper
Green paper
Light Green paper
Black ink
Brown ink
Bundled Sage distress oxide
Twisted Citron distress oxide
Antique Linen distress oxide

For this 5 x 7 inch card I started with Neenah Desert Storm paper for the base of the card.  I took the patterned paper, inked the edges with Brown ink and added that to the paper.  I took a piece of watercolor paper, my craft mat, Bundled Sage, Twisted Citron and Antique Linen distress oxides and rubbed them onto my craft mat.  I spritzed some water onto the craft mat and then a dipped the watercolor paper into the inks several different times and let the paper dry.  Once the paper was dry I spritzed it with some more water and then let it dry.  I took the Lavinia World Green Man (small) stamp and some black ink and stamped him onto the paper.  I took my distress edge ruler and ripped the edges of the watercolor paper and then inked the edges with Brown ink and added it to the card.  I took the Bloom die and some brown, green and light green paper and cut out the different layers.  I layered it all together and then placed it onto the bottom of the card.


I love to work in the garden and so I just love the Green Man!  I actually have two Green Man Plaques hanging in my yard: 





So the minute I saw the Lavinia World Green Man stamp I had to buy it right away!  It is perfect for any gardener!!


Now hop on over to the Lavinia World Challenge Blog to see what the wonderful Design Team have created for this challenge!




Thanks for stopping by!!





13 comments:

  1. Your Green man is adorable! I love your garden plaques too - so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love how you've showcased the Green Man!! The background looks amazing!! And I love your garden plaques, too!! They both make me smile!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Green Man and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic image for you to inspire the rest of us with, and gorgeous artwork to have those "other 2 green men" in your yard! The detail in that image is amazing, and so are your pretty choices of green and brown tones! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those green man plaques! But love your card even more too. That image just reaches out and grabs you. LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gotta love the green man! Now, if it would only help my green thumb (or lack thereof). Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori this card is truly exquisite! From the colors to the distressing! Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one awesome image!! I totally love the colors and I guess I didn't know about the "green man"!! He looks really happy in your yard!!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love your background papers. They showcase the image beautifully. How fun that you have two green men in your garden :-)
    Have a wonderful.
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card....fantastic stamp, stamps, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!