Saturday, June 30, 2018

Cheapo Dies Stacked Books

Hello Blogging Friends!!


It is my turn on the Cheapo Dies Blog today and I am sharing a card that I made with the Exclusive Cheapo Dies Stacked Books die:




Here is my card:



Ingredients:

Cheapo Dies Exclusive Stacked Books die
Red, White & Blue star paper pack
White card stock
I love America stamp
Red & White Bakers Twine
Blue & White Bakers Twine
Red paper
Royal Blue paper
Faded Jeans distress ink

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card.  I took the red, white & blue star paper, inked the edges with Faded Jeans distress ink and added that to the base of the card.  I took the Exclusive Cheapo Dies Stacked Books die and cut it out twice with red paper and royal blue paper.  I inlaid the blue pieces into the red stacked books and added that to my card.  I took some red paper, black ink and the I love America stamp and stamped that onto the red paper.  I cut out the fish tail ends and added the banner to the card.  I took some red & white bakers twine and some blue & white bakers twine and wrapped that around the card and tied it in a knot. I know this isn't your typical Patriotic card, but with the 4th of July just around the corner I had to make something red, white & blue!!

Thanks for stopping by!


Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!


Lori


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the patriotic colors on this Lori!! Fabulous design using this die!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Lori!! I love how you used the stacked books!! So patriotic and beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, how clever to integrate the patriotic theme with books! Children these days seem to take school for granted, not understanding that just 80 years ago, many children wanted an education but had to help support the family. This is a lovely sentiment, and beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!