Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Scrapy Land Challenge #80


Hello Blogging Friends,


Today is the start of a new challenge on the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog:


Scrapy Land Challenge #80


The theme is always ANYTHING GOES using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  We now have TWO WINNERS for each challenge.  One will be a random winner and the other is chosen b y the Design Team.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.


Scrapy Land carries over 55 brands of dies, so chances are you have a few of the brands in your stash!  You can see all the brands carried under the Products category.


Please link your post back to Scrapy Land Challenge #80 and include the link to the Scrapy Land Challenge #80 on your blog post.  It would also be extremely helpful if you would list the brands of dies used on your project. (Sometimes we can't tell if an item is a die cut or chipboard.)


For this challenge some of the Design Team members drew names to exchange a Christmas card with another Design Team member.  I got to make a Christmas card for the lovely and talented Samra Leshinski!!  I must admit I was a bit intimidated making a Christmas card for Samra!  Her cards are always so beautiful and elegant, I decided to try my hand at a Shabby Chic Christmas card!


Here is my card for Samra:



Ingredients:

Elizabeth Craft Designs Believe die
Die-Versions Whispers Deer Ornament die (out of stock)
Die-Versions Pine Corner Concept (out of stock)
Poppystamps Stitched Evageline Snowflakes
Kraft card stock
Assorted Christmas paper from my stash
Copper paper
Gold paper
White glitter paper
Brown ink
Green ink
Gingerbread Cookie charm
Lace
White & Gold Bakers Twine

I started with Kraft card stock for this A7 card.  I took the green striped paper, inked the edges with green ink and attached that to the card.  I took the Die-Versions Pine Corner Concept and some green paper and cut out the corner.  I took the paper with the Santa near the top and I used a ripping ruler to tear the edges, I inked the edges with brown ink, put the Pine corner under the paper and attached that to the card.  I took some copper paper and cut it out with the Die-Versions Whispers Deer ornament and attached that to the card.  I took some gold paper and cut it out with the Elizabeth Craft Designs Believe die and added that to the card.  I glued the lace onto the left fold of the card. I took some white glitter paper and the Poppystamps Stitched Evageline Snowflakes and cut them out only adding one snowflake to the upper right corner.  I took some White & Gold Bakers Twine and wrapped that around the card and tied the Gingerbread Cookie charm onto the twine.


Now here is the inside of the card:




I took some gold snowflake paper and attached that to the inside of the card and I topped it off with the three remaining snowflakes cut out of the white glitter paper.

I sure hope that Samra liked her card!  I received this gorgeous card from the wonderfully artistic Maryvonne Cousse:



Isn't it gorgeous??


Hop on over to the Scrapy Land Challenge #80 to see the cards the other Design Team members made for each other!  I think you will be blown away!!


Now it is your turn to create something for the Scrapy Land Challenge #80!! 


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori




9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture does not give justice to this gorgeous card!!! Love it Lori!!! Happy Holidays my friend!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous with lots of great details. I know Samra loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lori, I adore the die cuts and that darling little teddy bear charm is marvelous! Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really like this fancy BELIEVE script die Lori! Such elegant! Lori, as 2017 is coming to a close, I want to pause for a moment during this busy holiday season to say "thank you so much" for all you have done for me this year with Cards for Little Hearts and above all for your beautiful friendship. May you and your love ones have the merriest little Christmas and the best of the new year Lori. Happy Holidays. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card Lori! The dies are so fun and elegant at the same time! Such a great design! I am sire Samra loved it!
    Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these soft colors and your stunning layers! Hope you and yours had a lovely Christmas and will have a great New Year. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning vard Lori , with lots of great détails!!!
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!