Friday, July 28, 2017

More Cards for "Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive"

Hello My Crafty Friends,


I am participating in the Card Drive for the children in the Heart Center at Nationwide Children's Hospital.  The Card Drive will run from July 1st to August 25th for Winter Themed cards to be distributed to the children in December. 


I would love it if you would join me in making some cards for this wonderful cause!!


You can find out all the details about the Card Drive and the Important Guidelines for making the cards here. \


Today I have two Snowmen cards to share with you!  Who doesn't love Snowmen?


Here is my first card for today:



Ingredients:

Gina Marie Designs Big & Little Pierced Chain Hexagon die
Copic markers
Black ink
Watercolor paper
Snowflake paper from my stash
White card stock
Spun Sugar distressed ink

For this A2 card I started with white card stock, then I added the snowflake paper.  I took a piece of watercolor paper, black ink and stamped the Serendipity Stamps Snowperson with Wreath stamp. I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut it out using the Gina Marie Designs Big & Little Pierced Chain Hexagon die, inked the edges with Spun Sugar distressed ink and glued it to the card.  I took the Sunny Studio Snow Kissed sentiment and stamped it with black ink onto white paper, cut it out with the Gina Marie Designs Big & Little Pierced Chain Rectangle die, inked the edges with Spun Sugar distress ink and then attached it to the card.

Here is my second card:



Ingredients:

Black ink
Watercolor paper
White card stock
Tumbled Glass distress ink
Copic markers

For this A2 card I started with white card stock for the base of the card and I added a piece of Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid paper after inking the edges with Tumbled Glass distress ink. I took some watercolor paper and stamped the Snowperson with black ink and then colored the image with Copic markers.  I cut this out with the Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, inked the edges with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then added that to the card.  I took the sentiment from the WPlus9 Winter Pals stamp set and stamped that with black ink onto the top right hand corner.



Be sure to stop by on August 1st for the Cards for Little Hearts Blog Hop!!  There are going to be 9 Designers and you won't want to miss all the wonderful creations!!  PLUS there are going to be amazing prizes!!


I am entering these cards in the Scraps of Life July Rudolph Days Challenge and Crafting by Designs Get Ready for Christmas Challenge.



I hope I have inspired you to make some Winter cards for the Children!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your cards are gorgeous I do love that snowman. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous, Lori!! I love the sweet snowmen!! You've showcased them perfectly!! Both cards are beautiful and will be treasured by the recipients!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such pretty cards and will be enjoyed so much by the child who receives them.
    Both cards are so lovely that I cannot choose a favourite.

    I am loving that stitched wonky die!

    Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo i love 'Snowpeople' and love how different both of these cards are and thanks for joining us at July's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cute happy looking snow folk. lovely cards.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! such a sweet snow lady! Even though she is wearing a top hat, she still looks like a lady to me LOL Beautiful cards, Lori! Really beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such super cute & fun cards!! They will absolutely love them! I DO!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this darling snowlady image Lori!! Such fabulous coloring and designs for the little ones! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!