Sunday, April 16, 2017

Joy Clair Doodle Flowers for Easter

Hello Blogging Friends,


Today it is my turn on the Joy Clair Blog and I am going to share a card with you that I made with one of the newly released Joy Clair stamp sets called Doodle Flowers stamp set.



Since I am a gardener this Doodle Flower stamp set is really special to me!  I love flowers and who can resist a sweet mason jar??


So I decided to make a sweet Easter card with the mason jar filled with flowers!  I started out by taking some watercolor paper and placing it on my Misti and then positioning the mason jar where I want it.



I used black ink to stamp the mason jar lightly onto the paper.  I don't want it too dark because I am going to be placing the flowers in the jar next.



I stamped the bundle of flowers with black ink inside the jar, and I stamped the bundle of flowers onto a scrap piece of paper and fussy cut it out so I can use this as a mask to add the stems of leaves to the flowers.



After I tape the bundle of flowers down with some removable tape, I position the stem of leaves where I want it, close the lid of my Misti to pick up the stamp, then I ink the stamp with black ink and press the lid of the Misti down onto my paper.



I take the stem of leaves for the other side to the vase and position that where I want the leaves to be and then stamp it with my Misti.  Now it is time to color!



I used Copic markers B00 and B02 to color the jar.  I used Copic markers Y13, B24, R81, R32, R86 and BV00 for the flowers.  For the leaves and stems I used Copics G23 and YG61.  Once everything was colored I fussy cut this out and placed it on some white paper.  I took the Gina Marie Big & Little Pierced Chain Oval die and cut that out.  I took an A2 white card base and added the Lemoncraft paper to the card, then I attached the oval onto the card.  I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment from the Joy Clair Easter Eggs stamp set onto an oval tag.  Then I took some green bakers twine and wrapped it around the card several times, I added the tag and tied the it into a bow.  I love the way it turned out and I can see me using this fun Joy Clair Doodle Flowers stamp set a great deal!


I hope I have inspired you today!


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori






5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is Beautiful!!Lovely stamp set!
    Happy Easter.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Lori!! I love the flowers!! You colored them beautifully!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Easter, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, Lori! Thank you for showing the masking techniques with the MISTI. your colors are gloriously springtime, and your card is beautiful! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!