Saturday, February 11, 2017

Joy Clair Prayer Warrior

**THIS IS ONE OF 2 POSTS I HAVE TODAY**

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE JOY CLAIR BREAKFAST FOREVER VALENTINE GO HERE


Hello Blogging Friends!

Today I am on the Joy Clair Blog with a card I made using the newly released Prayer Warrior stamp set.



To start my project I stamped the girl from the Prayer Warrior stamp set with black ink onto some white watercolor paper and then I colored her in with watercolor pencils. After I was finished coloring her all in I took a small paint brush with just a little bit of water and ran the brush over my coloring to blend the colors and smooth it out.


Since I got some of the paint from my brush onto the white background, you see it on the right side next to her feathers, I decided to fussy cut her out instead.  Sometimes I start out with a plan but I make a mistake and have to alter my plans, you learn to go with the flow!  So I fussy cut her out instead.  I decided I needed to add an arrow to the card, so I stamped the arrow with Versa mark onto some more white watercolor paper and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.


Now it is time to paint the arrow and I decided to use a different water coloring technique, so I got my distress ink, a clear stamp block and a water brush to paint the arrow.


First I take the Aged Mahogany distress ink and rub some on the clear stamp block, then I squeeze a little bit of water from my water brush onto the block and swirl that around and paint the arrow with the water brush until I get the color that I want.


I do the same thing with the Cracked Pistachio distress ink and then when the arrow is all dry I fussy cut it out and get ready to stamp my sentiment.


I picked my sentiment and now it is time to color the background.


I decide that I want to use the Tattered Rose distress ink and the Evergreen Bough distress ink to color my background.  So I take my blending tool and rub the two colors onto the background.  Now it is time to position the girl and the arrow.


After I decide on their placement I glue them down on the background. Then I get some Kraft card stock for the base of the card.


I inked the edges of the inked paper with Tattered Rose distress ink and attach it to my Kraft card base and my card is done!  I love the way the colors all came together on this card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lori this is a stunning card I love the image and the sentiment. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Lori! Thanks for sharing all the steps for making it! I really like the arrow! I think I need to do more heat embossing! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!The background is Awesome!!Love the sentiment too!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lori!! The colors are amazing!! I love the design and the beautiful images you used!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori love how you have shown the step by step...makes it all the more lovely to see the final gorgeous creation
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!