Thursday, February 16, 2017

Joy Clair Happy Camper


Hello Blogging Friends,


Today I have a card to share with you that I made with the newly released Joy Clair Happy Camper stamp set.



For this card I stamped the trailer onto a piece of scrap paper and fussy cut it out so that I could used it as a mask to put the trees behind the trailer. After I finished fussy cutting the trailer out, I taped it onto the watercolor paper where I wanted it to be.



Then I position the sentiment Happy Camper and the tree stamp where I want them on the card.



I position everything on my Misti and stamped the sentiment Happy Camper with black ink and I stamped the tree three times with Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn distress ink.




 I colored in the sentiment with my brown distress markers and colored in the trees with my water brush and the distress inks. Then I stamped the trailer onto the paper and colored that with Copic markers.  After the trailer was colored in I decided that I wanted to make it look like it was just starting to get dark for the evening.  So I took my Stormy Sky distress ink and a dauber and swirled the ink around the trailer, trees and the sentiment.  Next I took my Gathered Twigs distress ink and a dauber and rubbed that on the bottom to look like dirt.
 



It almost looks like a storm is coming!  I think if I was to make this again, I would use the water brush and the distress inks to color the background like I did with the trees.


Thanks for stopping by!


Lori

5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! Love the background scene and you've done a fabulous job with your masking too!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun scene!!Wonderful card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori this is a wonderful card I love the camper van. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, Lori! I like your camper trailer and adorable little woodland scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scene you've created, Lori!! The camper is so cute!! I love the colors and the details!! I love to camp and I love this card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!